The best music in 2018

I realize this is early, but based on this (lp), I’m very hopeful...

Glen Hansard "Between Two Shores" ...absolutely fantastic!
128x128slaw

Showing 28 responses by slaw

Primal Scream "The Original Memphis Recordings/Give Out But Don't Give Up"  I've had a chance to listen 4 times now. Sorry for posting so late but this one needed and deserved the extra attention. Fantastic!
Kacey Musgraves "Golden Hour  what can I say but WOW! Every aspect of this record is superior! Get it!
John Hiatt "The Eclipse Sessions"  

Just played it and was blown away. Highly recommended!
Hey @jafant,

When I start getting a few 2019 releases in house, I don't mind starting a thread again. Appreciate your interest.
I'm still working on 2018...

Beth Hart "Live @ The Royal Albert Hall"  SQ = EX!!!
From the "Beast Epic" sessions, "Weed Garden", Iron & Wine is really good. It's made better by the fact it's @ 45rpm.
Luna "Lunified"  Run Out Groove (label)

If you're a fan, you need this record. If you've never heard of Luna, you'll be glad you bought this record. Highly Recommended!
@jafant,

IMO, this has been the best year overall for music in recent memory.
I'm looking for great things in 2019.
@n80,
Actually his debut "Gravity" is one hell of a record that you shouldn't pass over.
…………………………………………………..

Jeremy Messersmith "Late Stage Capitalism". I don't recall anyone but me ever mentioning this artist. I'm making a new classification for him...alternative pop. The record is extremely well recorded. Give it a chance.
@n80 & @gosta,

I just finished my first listen to "Half Mile Harvest". Extremely enjoyable, very good at first and gets better as the (lp) goes along. Not one dud. AsI said, (my first listen), I thought side one was half notch below side two in SQ but will listen again. 

They seem to be one of the many bands of this type music that have been making a resurgence in the last few years.....St Paul & the Broken Bones, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, and The Marcus King Band to name a few. Love it!
@gosta,

I have Terry Evans "Puttin' It Down" on Audioquest vinyl. Great artist and excellent SQ. All of the Audioquest lps have Ex SQ! I saw Buddy Guy years ago at a local auditorium. Really enjoyed that show. He's an excellent entertainer as well as a great musician.
Brandi Carlile  "by the way, I forgive you". Her latest and it is outstanding! She really has matured as an artist.