The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22

Showing 2 responses by kkirkpac099

My new Sony DVPS9000ES is starting to break in and it's kicking major ass. I've owned Levison #39 ($6000) & Classe Dac-1 ($4000) and this $1500 wonder is giving as much, if not more, pleasure. By the way, it is also a progressive scan DVD player.
Danvetc: Highlights of Sony CD sound are: Outstanding sonic color (feels like being tickled); Dynamics; World class treble (cymbals in particular); Resolution (much longer decay times than I'm used to -akin to upsampling). I have to say I like this unit more for CD's than SACD. I've purchased 6-7 SACD (mostly Sony) and confess I'm disappointed. I think it's more a function of the source material than the technology and look forward to "pure" DSD recordings (get off your butt Sony). My system contains: ARC VT-100 (original, thank you), ARC LS-9 preamp, PS audio PS-300, Kimber KCAG (balanced) and Silver Streak (RCA); Nordost Blue Heaven to Audio Artistry Dvorak mains (Linn wire to subs powered by Carver A/V receiver).