The Best Audio Dealer

My vote for the best dealer award goes to Mario,owner of TOYS FROM THE ATTIC [email protected] This guy helped me break into analog.I made alot of mistakes because "Dave,you don't listen" Any way Mario was always to the rescue.He,over the phone has helped me build an awesome sounding stereo.He has always given me the Best price and I know he hasnt made much money from me.He calls me on occasion to see "whats up" I have never met the man or been to his shop because its over 300 miles away
david99
None that I can think of. Most of them that I've dealt with are con-men and assholes. Factory-Direct all the way, baby!
BUSTED,Iam curious to know what products you buy factory direct? I cant think of any true hi-end products are sold that way.Some wont even allow mail order.A good dealer adds to the value of a product.
I think that the best shop that I have been to are Immedia Sound on 4th Street in Berkeley, California (of course famous for its turntables and arms and as importer of Audio Physic, Lyra, and representatives for Herron, etc.). I have also enjoyed going to Quintessence in Napierville, Illinois, and the Audible Difference in Palo Alto, California. For mail order sale of used equipment, I too have had a very good experience in dealing with Mario at Toys from the Attic, having bought a Mark Levinson model 25S phono preamp from him.
Take 5, New Haven, CT. 15 years of dealing with them, and they've always been honest, pleasant and informed. Top lines intelligently selected, instead of the flavor of the month. Folks you can trust.
David99, as cool a guy as you are, I must differ with you here. Magneplanar sells their smallest speaker factory direct, and it's one of the best buys in audio. I don't think we should make blanket statements about manufacturers that sell factory direct, because that only serves to help the status quo, and they don't need any help. Upstart companies (I know Maggie isn't one) need help in their early quest for market share, and the "old boy" established dealer network only serves to squelch new audio companies that may well have a superior product (since they can't compete with established brand names in a diminishing "specialty audio" market at most any dealer, anywhere, especially if the dealer wants to make his all important markup on that big brand name....ahhhWilson...'scuse me, had to cough).