The Best Apple AirPlay Streamer

Now that the Apple AirPort Express is going away, what is the best AirPlay streamer available?

Only Apple AirPlay.  No UPnP, ChromeCast or other network protocol/service.  Something simple that just does AirPlay.
128x128tonocasa

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

I just got a home pod for my kitchen, so I was researching the same question and came across the Elac discovery.  Audio Advisor was selling one for about $700. 
I decided I’ll just stream from my Apple TV in the next room for now.
one issue with the Elac is that it uses Roon Essentials which limits you to 30,000 tracks and ties you into Roon as a management system, which may or may not be a good thing.   See if you can upgrade to a full Roon subscription 
I hired an IT guy to set up a NAS drive for me today.  I use Bluesound for whole house audio but had been having a lot of problems with it.  At any rate, it turns out that Bluesound can be used with Apple products (the Bluesound has to be configured as a Guest).
  So it’s not Air Play, but I am not sure why your client should care, as long as they can use Apple products in conjunction...you may want to investigate the Bluesound Node2.