The Beatles Revolver

Just read where Giles Martin is using  AI-powered audio separation technology to remix Revolver. From what I read he can take the mono tracks and separate all the instruments and vocals on the 4 track tape the were recorded on and then I guess remix them in 24 track or whatever he wants. Is this good? I love The Beatles and no matter how much better it my sound it not the same. They had what they had in 1966. And George Martin did wonders with 4 tracks. Where does this reissuing of classic albums stop. Is Revolver remixed in multi tracks still Revolver?

128x128lenmc2964

vair68robert

Thank you for the follow up. Agreed-  it would be difficult to say which batch of Masters were used for the 1982 set. Still, you have a very collectible. Not many of those sets were produced. I believe that each set is Serial Numbered as well.

Between the original Vinyl from the 60’s and Japan imports, any fan cannot go wrong.

Happy Listening!

@lenmc2964 

Do you if the original master tapes used for the UK pressing ?

Do you have a mono cartridge ?

Don’t know what tapes were used for U.K. pressings but I believe the U.K. pressings sound better than the Japanese ones. I do not have a mono cartridge. 

I read Martin wasn't doing anything to the mono so it should sound the same as the last reissue.

Spent some time with this over the weekend.  I don't know if the alternate version of Tomorrow Never Knows had been released prior but that is the highlight of this release IMHO.  Overall I think the mix is excellent and this release is worth paying attention to.