The Audioquest Nightowls Carbon vs Philips Fidelio x2

Hi,

Recently bought a pair of Philips Fidelio X2 headphones.I also bought an amp/DAC Soundblaster by Creative Sounds.I looking to buy a second pair of headphones that can rival the Fidelios or best them! The only drawback to the Fidelios is that their open air,and not the most practical when people are around you! The nightOwls on the other hand are closed back! As with the Fidelios, the drivers are set on an angle’as are the Fidelios I hear they are super comfy which is indeed a plus for me.But I’ve been reading that they are quite forward in its overall presence of sound! I have come to love the sound of my Fidelios,and don’t find too much in your face.The NightOwl Carbon have supposedly Impressive soundstage and imagery.Most of all the Nightowls I hear have a bass that is deep yet articulate,but fast responsive and tight!
Any input on this subject will be highly appreciated.
128x128zyac39
I had a pair of Night Owls for a week or so. I LOVED them quite a bit but ended up selling them.  The reason I sold them is because I am not a headphone guy and only bought them to help with my insomnia which they didn’t because they were so engaging. 
Ha..stereo5

I almost thought you were to conclude with them having to keep you from falling asleep because they were too intense!(meaning all frquencies are all pushed uo!).I too have been never been an all out cans, even Stax or LCD and Ethers eventually grated on me after a certain period of time! Big difference when Speakers are placed 7 or 8 feet away and cans being super close to one’s ears!