The Audio Doctor makes a house call

I would like to contribute  to the discussion about Dave, the “Audio Doctor.”   I live in California but, after many phone conversations and texts where he provided advice about my system with no promise of any return, we decided a trip here from New Jersey would be worthwhile and worked out an arrangement.  Dave brought a lot of accessories for me to audition. First, we repositioned my speakers (KEF Reference 5s), which really improved the sound.  We tried a DAC (Aqua) to compare with my current Auralic Vega (first generation), wireworld interconnects and several other things.  I already had purchased an Innuous Zenith server from Dave and we set that up.  Dave was very enthusiastic about my speakers (which he sells but I already had purchased elsewhere) and my electronics (Audio Research amp, pre amp, phono stage) and never suggested buying new ones.   

At no point did I feel he was pressuring me or trying to sell me something just to make a sale.  My system is definitely sounding better now and I may move ahead with some other improvements he recommended. Of course, Dave is in the audio business and makes his livelihood that way but I think he was genuinely interested in helping me get better sound.  I know that some have objected to him and other dealers posting on this board.  Personally, I have found  his postings very helpful.  Those who don’t can always skip over them—no one is forcing you to read anything.  

Finally, I met Dave for the first time when he came here and have no connection other than as a recent customer.  
fast
Post removed 
Bjesien, your point is rather silly, we had to mention what room tuning devices we used, or no one would understand the specific type of device we were using, when room tuning devices run the gamut of absorbers, diffusors, hemoltz resonators ie tube traps, Shakti Hallographs, acoustic resonators, active bass traps and other devices.,

Most people actually want to know what products we used, no one would learn about if said product was effective or not unless it was named.

We learned about a new super effective footer because a client of ours told us about the product and then we got a sample and it was indeed mind blowingly effective, our reference system sounds dramatically better because we used this product.

We read the forums to learn as well, we have found new products that we were interested in trying because people posted about them, never was it an issue if it was a dealer or an end user, also how do you know that some of these posters are not secretly dealers which is why you are supposed to announce that you are a dealer to keep it transparent.

Now is that better that you are naming the products you are using, or are you now pissing off people who might actually want to seek out that product which also doesn’t mean they would.necessarily purchase these products from us by not naiming them.

Can you imagine a post that wouldn’t mention a products name how would that accomplish anything, yeah I tried cable x and it was fantastic compared to product y. Vs I demoed a Wireworld USB vs an Audioquest and one cable was better in this particular way.

Bar81 your perspective is hardly one we would agree on, we have quite a number of people who contact us on a daily basis saying that they follow our posts because they learn from them.

The OP was in a quandry after having purchased a pair of Kef Reference 5 because they weren’t sounding the way he wanted with his equipment and how his system was setup, after having contacted us and working on our sugggestions he is much happier with his system.

It is shame that you as well as a few of the other naysayers have never taken the time to talk with us and find out if we could make a difference in your system’s ability to make music more real.

We are all here to learn from each other, if we mention specific products it is because we have found that those products many times outperform others, as we have tested many of the competiting ones.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I am embarrassed to be a member of the forum every time I have to read Audiotroy's self promoting long-winded pablum. But I refuse to let him ruin this otherwise collegial exchange of thoughts, ideas, experiences with fellow well-meaning Goners.
Grgr4blu the feelings are mutual, you and Mr. Feil are golden examples of contributing nothing to further any discussion. 

You are free to not read and not comment about anything  we post, however given the opportunity you come down with nothing but negatives. 

You are more then welcome to discuss your experiences with system tunning  and what products were used and how your system was improved. 

Invictus if you think it is that easy to tune a system by all means go into business and see what you can accomplish. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ