The Audio Doctor makes a house call

I would like to contribute  to the discussion about Dave, the “Audio Doctor.”   I live in California but, after many phone conversations and texts where he provided advice about my system with no promise of any return, we decided a trip here from New Jersey would be worthwhile and worked out an arrangement.  Dave brought a lot of accessories for me to audition. First, we repositioned my speakers (KEF Reference 5s), which really improved the sound.  We tried a DAC (Aqua) to compare with my current Auralic Vega (first generation), wireworld interconnects and several other things.  I already had purchased an Innuous Zenith server from Dave and we set that up.  Dave was very enthusiastic about my speakers (which he sells but I already had purchased elsewhere) and my electronics (Audio Research amp, pre amp, phono stage) and never suggested buying new ones.   

At no point did I feel he was pressuring me or trying to sell me something just to make a sale.  My system is definitely sounding better now and I may move ahead with some other improvements he recommended. Of course, Dave is in the audio business and makes his livelihood that way but I think he was genuinely interested in helping me get better sound.  I know that some have objected to him and other dealers posting on this board.  Personally, I have found  his postings very helpful.  Those who don’t can always skip over them—no one is forcing you to read anything.  

Finally, I met Dave for the first time when he came here and have no connection other than as a recent customer.  
fast
Wcfeil the only LOL is your inane comment.

There is an art to creating great sound, obviously you don't know a thing about that or you wouldn't be chimming in.

Creating great sound is about finding synergy with the loudspeakers in the room, synergy with all the components that you are currently using and  then maximizing the qualities that you are trying to acchieve , tonality, bass response, dyanamics, treble clarity, sound staging with the existing components and  then making educated equipment substituations to bring out the qualities you are trying to augment or ameliorate. 

Anyone who knows anything about crafting great sound would know this I am LOL that you don't.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ