The Audio Doctor makes a house call

I would like to contribute  to the discussion about Dave, the “Audio Doctor.”   I live in California but, after many phone conversations and texts where he provided advice about my system with no promise of any return, we decided a trip here from New Jersey would be worthwhile and worked out an arrangement.  Dave brought a lot of accessories for me to audition. First, we repositioned my speakers (KEF Reference 5s), which really improved the sound.  We tried a DAC (Aqua) to compare with my current Auralic Vega (first generation), wireworld interconnects and several other things.  I already had purchased an Innuous Zenith server from Dave and we set that up.  Dave was very enthusiastic about my speakers (which he sells but I already had purchased elsewhere) and my electronics (Audio Research amp, pre amp, phono stage) and never suggested buying new ones.   

At no point did I feel he was pressuring me or trying to sell me something just to make a sale.  My system is definitely sounding better now and I may move ahead with some other improvements he recommended. Of course, Dave is in the audio business and makes his livelihood that way but I think he was genuinely interested in helping me get better sound.  I know that some have objected to him and other dealers posting on this board.  Personally, I have found  his postings very helpful.  Those who don’t can always skip over them—no one is forcing you to read anything.  

Finally, I met Dave for the first time when he came here and have no connection other than as a recent customer.  
fast

Showing 1 response by zephyr24069

Audiogon began and for many years until more recent changes, was run for the benefit of individual audio enthusiasts and had little if any chatter and advertising clandestine or otherwise from vendors and dealers.  It should have remained that way!

That stated, if dealers and vendors are to be the chosen ones due to ad revenue, etc...that this site generates from their enhanced participation, threads like this should not take place and existing dealer should not self promote to the extent I've seen some do so thinking their choice of brands is the only choice of high-end brands out there.  As we've seen, many come and go, others stay and prevail.

Purely IMHO...and not targeted at any particular dealer on this thread.

Mr. Feil: You had a very good dealership from what I saw over the years and you represented fine and true high-end brands at various price points and represented them well. Enjoy your retirement! For the record, I never had occasion to purchase anything from you so I have 'no horse in this race...' as they say.