Thoughts?
lisaandjon

Showing 4 responses by rodman99999

Ranks with Julian(The JOKE) Hirsch? I couldn't have chosen a
better word than, "RANK!" SO- A member of the
everything-sounds-the-same club? There's a real dubious
distinction! I suppose one COULD be deaf, honest AND in
denial.
"I have normal human hearing." Everyone's hearing acuity varies, just as every other of the senses. ie: The palette & tongue must be trained to discern in what region of the World a certain wine's grape was grown. Yet(even if trained); some have a sense of taste, more acute than others. A good man understands his own limitations. Only a fool thinks everyone else is thus limited. One of the most ludicrous statements, in the History of Audio HAS to be, "In controlled double-blind listening tests, no one has ever (yes, "EVER") heard a difference between two amplifiers with high input impedance, low output impedance, flat response, low distortion, and low noise."(YEP: he said that) I say, "One of the most ludicrous," because I still remember Julian Hirsch stating, in Stereo Pee-yoo, "I never listen to live music, but- I have a pretty good idea what it sounds like." Aczel was NOT one of, "the founders of this hobby." He was a speaker builder, a critic and utterly disregardable.
@Chayro: "While we're here, Aczel also never said all amplifiers sound the same".....maybe not verbatim! Copy/paste this in your search bar, for the article from which I quoted: (http://www.biline.ca/audio_critic/critic1.htm) His first three points, in this article; I agree with completely. From there; he's driven himself off a cliff.
@ Chayro- He didn't say, "similar." He said,
"NO one has EVER HEARD a difference...." and yet,
even he heard differences in solid state amps, and made
recommendations based on such, quite often. And then; Dave's
post contains one of his quotes, "all amplifiers having high
input impedance, low output impedance, flat frequency
response, low distortion, and low noise floor sound exactly
the same." Regarding wire: all someone needs is Rat Shack?
"Tubes are for boobs?" Like I said, "utterly
disregardable."