The Absolute Sound vs Pleasing Sound

I have changed my mind about this over the years. The absolute sound (closest to real live music) just can't be accomplished even though I have heard some spectacular systems that get close on some music. So years ago I changed my system to give me the sound I wanted. I'm much happier now and all my music collection can be enjoyed for what it is: Recorded music.  
128x128russ69
@glupson, I have also recorded/played a piano,  guitar and cello in my room.  I try and set up my system/room to get as close to the timber and decay of the notes/tones played by unamplified instruments;  This method works for my tastes. By the way, I am  NOT a musician.  Again,  the sound reproduced, has to be enjoyed to our different likings.

Respectfully, 
Jose
@russ69, excellent thread.  I've enjoyed reading and learning from some very insightful posts.

Respectfully, 
Jose 
**** Whoever it was, remain in hiding, because it makes no sense.****

Isn’t projection a fascinating thing? Moments before reading the most recent posts here I stumbled across a series of comments on another thread about the author of the above comment; a, er..., “popular” subject of discussion, btw. In one of those comments it was pointed out how said author “goes into hiding” when confronted and called out for his typically demeaning attitude. I won’t bother; always better to keep idiocy out in the open.
The best sound i have achieved is going for the microphone feed sound when you achieve a sound like that you never go back to a pleasing or euphoric sound you just hear the recordings and music so much better.