The 1970's Infinity QLS 1...How would it compare?

How would a properly driven (worth a 500 page thesis in itself!) pair of these compare to $20,000 and under mainstays of today? These speakers have become an enigma to me...They were always two or three or a hundred and fifty steps beyond my grasp for different reasons and now they're getting hard to find and harder to find parts for so as to be forever relegated to the "one that got away" files. Anyone ever own these or otherwise spend any time with them? Closest I ever got to auditioning them was prob. late '78 at a Pacific Stereo (Unfortunately someone had underpowered them with one of the 80 lb. "monster recievers" of the day only hours before I got there so all I got was a look.) Ah, youth........
lg1

Showing 1 response by tbarr

I have owned a pair of QLS1's for 30 years and I have never auditioned another system in any high end audio shop or in anyone's home that was even in the same league.Visitors to my home have initially commented the system didn't sound right to them until they listened to their own system later,then they cursed at me.The only problem with ever owning the QLS1's is that you will never be able to go back to the days when you enjoyed music from a typical stereo system.BTW, when i purchased these speakers i understood they required massive power amps, people that can't afford the amps will never truly hear what these speakers are capable of. Sincerely,Tony Barr