That Other Audiophile Website

I purchased a cd player from a seller on that other audiophile website. When I took it out of the box it reeked of cigarette smoke. I contacted the seller and got nowhere. I contacted that other website. I was told it's the buyers responsibility to investigate the seller before making a purchase.  I gave the seller a negative review. My review was removed, and I was banned from making further comments about my experience. Almost a month later I'm still trying to get a refund. PayPal is going to try and help me. Talk about unethical. Anyone have a similar experience?
tominnj

Showing 4 responses by jerryg123

Highly doubt this site would do anything if this pinhead sold here and had the same issue. Nor would eBay. 
Sad but true “Buyer Beware”

@Millercarbon that was classless your response. Go peddle some Raven and Moabs. Dill.
"I gave the seller a negative review. My review was removed, and I was banned from making further comments about my experience."

USAM like this site give the person receiving the neutral or negative feedback the opportunity to appeal the review. Once the feedback is posted you (the reviewer) cannot go back and post additional feedback.
Seems very odd OP. @tominnj made this accusation more than once. This is his feedback from a seller in 2019:
FeedbackFromNegative

Made a low offer on listing which was accepted. Unit listed as near mint for cosmetic and working condition. Buyer complained of cigarette smell after receiving the unit and wanted to return even though unit works and looks like new as listed. I was unaware of the odor or would have noted in the listing. However listed stated no returns and buyer forced the issue through PayPal. Buyers negative feedback indicates smoke damage which is an outright lie as there is no damage whatsoever. Unit could have been easily cleaned to remove odor which buyer was unwilling to do. Unreasonable to expect a used 12+ year old piece of equipment to not need cleaning of some sort.

---

Seller: ak****0 0 0.0%

on December 28, 2019 10:54am