Thanks to Paul McGowan

About a year ago I bought a PS Audio BHK pre-amp  & was very pleased with the improvement in sound quality over the Rotel I had been using. I put in a pair of 60s era Telefunken tubes & thought it sounded great so I went shopping. Recently  I found a pair of PS Audio M1200 mono blocks & thought what the heck. I got them home & installed NOS 1958 Telefunken.tubes.
I should mention the amp I had in the system was a highly modified Carver TFM 45 I bought in the 80s.
What a difference! Have you ever had that OMG moment when you get to hear your music for the first time. I should have ditched the Carver yrs ago.
My hat's off to Paul McGowan!

128x128fertguy

Paul does almost daily unscripted videos in response to audio emails. His personable manner, good advice and enthusiasm speaks for itself. I have never owned a piece of his equipment, but he has helped me in the hobby on many points…both technical and investment related.

To be clear, he is a business man LOL  Every now and then his answers can be a bit vague, for example on cables. He sells one brand which is certainly his call. But that particular answer came up short on what aspect of that cable’s performance mattered to PS Audio. It’s a good brand, among the premium lines…but the $64,000 question on the subject is whether we hear dollars or specs, and Paul ever so slightly ducked.