Teres/Scheu-Help

Hi, thought you guys could help me decide which direction to go on buying either the Scheu Premier II or a Teres/100 or 200 series table. Which Teres would be comparable to the Premier II. I know some of the same people designed both tables but sonically speaking/money, any thoughts on one or the other that might help me decide. I will be using a Morch UP-4 arm on the new table. Thanks in advance for any information. Any help is appreciated.
Rlmm.
rlmm

Showing 2 responses by c123666

Hart at Audio Advancements will set up your Morch arm (he sells, installs them) on a Scheu table. I am in a similar dilemna; ie, Teres vs Scheu. I am leaning to the Teres despite the additional cost (note that the Teres comes with a clamp whereas it is an extra cost with the Scheu) for the following reasons:

a) Lots of support from people like Tom and others on Audiogon that have direct experience with different Teres combinations. There is very little information on the Scheu tables available that I've been able to find.

b) Teres is made in the USA.

c) Teres has an unconditional money back guarantee with no time limit with no explanations required. Teres thinks a lot of its products;

d) Some people that should know recommend the Teres as a slightly better table over the Scheu. Carlos Morsiani recommended the Teres over the Scheu; said they are both great tables but go with the Teres. Morsiani makes custom order turntables and great tonearms that you might consider over the Morch.

The Scheu Premier does have a model for two tonearms and is much less expensive than the Teres 240. One could acquire the Scheu Premier and a decent arm for the cost of the Teres alone. I would lower my sights and start with the Teres 150 (leaded birch base); you can always upgrade or build your own plinth down the road.

my 2 cents
Carl
I posted this on another Teres related issue.

I received information from Hart at Audio Advancements in the past ten days that Hart just received 11 new Premier Mk II kits from Scheu. In other words, Audio Advancements continues to have a current relationship with Scheu. I specifically addressed your concern, Bmck, about getting a non current Scheu and only helping to clear out discontinued product, with Hart.

I would urge anybody contemplating a Scheu or Teres, or any other expensive table, to contact Hart. Hart sells several tonearms including the very attractive Morch and will set it all up for you prior to purchase. Hart also seems very knowledgeable and interested in a happy customer mostly as opposed to making a sale.

So rather than relying on hearsay from people with no direct and current advice you might contact Hart and/or Scheu. Herr Scheu will respond to your queries, too. The Scheu can be ordered from Germany or Hart/Audio Advancements. I think you only get instructions in German, though, if you order from Germany. Shipping costs go up, too, as this is a heavy item.

Carl