Teres 260 or Galibier Serac?

I am finally in the market for my next table after 12 years and modding the heck out of an lp12 I am ready. I have also owned during this period a vpi scout, sota and a cj walker. I did not like the scout as I thought it was dark and mushy but the others were ok, Both Thom and Chris' designs appeal to me and appear to be great values. For the time being I am going to stick with the origin live encounter I own and will mount a ZYX yatra on the arm.
Any thoughts as to which table may be better? I am not looking for the table to add or subtract from the music, although I know they all do to a greater or lesser degree. I listen to classic jazz and rock for the most part.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
jp11801

Showing 1 response by williamdc

Yeah, it is my recollection that Doug mentioned that the Verus motor he got was one of the first and it didn't maintain a constant speed.

I am very happy with my Verus. I have a 255 and upgraded from Belt Drive. For me, the biggest advantage was that the speed became rock solid, lending a wonderful solidity to the music.

I listen to a lot of classical music and the Verus really was a large improvement.