Teres 260 or Galibier Serac?

I am finally in the market for my next table after 12 years and modding the heck out of an lp12 I am ready. I have also owned during this period a vpi scout, sota and a cj walker. I did not like the scout as I thought it was dark and mushy but the others were ok, Both Thom and Chris' designs appeal to me and appear to be great values. For the time being I am going to stick with the origin live encounter I own and will mount a ZYX yatra on the arm.
Any thoughts as to which table may be better? I am not looking for the table to add or subtract from the music, although I know they all do to a greater or lesser degree. I listen to classic jazz and rock for the most part.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
jp11801

Showing 2 responses by nrenter

I don't think you will go wrong with either choice.

However, after owning a belt-driven Teres in the past, I found some things that I didn't like about the belt-driven design (namely the stretching of the belt-splice over time and the audible sound of the splice passing the motor pulley). YMMV.

I've been very happy with the elegant design of the Teres Verus motor. Mind you, I haven't upgraded to the latest platter design (so I can't speak specifically about the 260). But like I said before, I don't think you will go wrong with either choice. Thom and Chris are a couple of the "good guys" in the industry.
Chris,

What has the response been to your new platters?

In case you were wondering...my Verus will *not* be returned.