Tequila's turn?

In addition to reading the gear and music related threads, i also enjoy the ones on imbibations. I see ones for bourbon, vodka, and beer, but none for tequila, one of my personal favorites. I am sure there are lots of good ones I don't know about, but I will start with patron as one of my favorites. Anyone else have a favorite?
bigsam2

Showing 1 response by gerrye123

A few years ago I picked up "The Great Margarita Book" by Al Lucero. Al is the owner of Maria's New Mexican Kitchen restaurant in Santa Fe, NM. The book has Margarita recipes for most of the well-known and not-so-well-known brands and types of Tequila.

While I can't say we tried them all, we did try many of them. I hate to be boring, but Patron was our favorite. By far. It's pretty much the only Tequila we buy now. We like the Reposado the best (orange ribbon). It provides a good middle ground of flavor between the Silver and Anejo.

Here in the NY and CT we have a store called Stew Leonard's (I think they have 4 locations). Their liquor prices are very good and some of their stores carry the large 1.75 liter bottles of Patron. Unfortunately, their store closest to me does not.

The other day I was talking to the manager of the store and asked if they could get the 1.75 liter bottles of Patron. He said they could order them and he quoted me the prices. I forget the exact numbers, but it was something like $65 for the Silver, $75 for the Reposado and $85 for the Anejo!

If you are familiar with Patron prices, those are a steal! Remember, we are talking 1.75 liters, more than twice as much as the .75 liter bottles. The manager said these were the lowest prices he was allowed to charge by law. I ordered a Silver AND Reposado and we picked them up this week. We are all set for the upcoming football games. Go J-E-T-S!!!

Gerry

More to discover