Tekton tweeter design

Hi everyone,

I found a cool, fact filled thread with some smart DIY'ers over at the DIYAudio forum about how the Tekton tweeter arrays are wired and how they work.

Kind of interesting in how they were innovative in some ways, and in others did some questionable things. Reminds me of Infinity, who developed crazy crossovers in large part by ear, which we can now really improve upon. Still good sounding, but in hind sight we wonder about them.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/336743-help-understanding-tekton-tweeter-array-schematic.h...

Please, keep your flames over here on Audiogon. :)
erik_squires
One thing I know is not happening, is you are not getting better sound from lighter, more drivers. That's a myth that has been debunked numerous times.

In terms of extension, dynamic range and distortion, large drivers with equally large motors rule.
I wanted to say, in case this wasn't clear, that I am neither a fan boy nor a detractor of Tekton.

I think they are ugly, but I think the tweeter array is interesting, and their ability to sell the speakers at the prices they do is amazing.

I've also had issues with the crossover design, but a lot of the conventional wisdom thrown at them about the arrays having comb filtering, etc. has just not borne out to be true in any of the measurements.

My point is just I don't really wish to help or block Tekton sales, but I hope the work by Patrick over at DIY Audio helps those technical geeks here to learn a little more about what goes into evaluating speaker performance and design.
Post removed 
On the ugly comment, I'm surprised they haven't done something about the looks by now.  It could be a real money maker to upgrade all of the cabinets with curved sides, magnetic grills or even some nice wood grain finishes.  

The woofers seem to be lowest bidder off the shelf varieties, but at least with improved cabinets and some grills, they could move into much improved sales.  
@213runnin

If you look at the linked posting by Eric on his website from back in January....he acknowledges that there is a market for better looking products as well as products containing state of the art components.