TEKTON IMPACT MONITORS

I ove this speakers , on my set up they sound really very dynamic and easy to listen. Is there anyway to replace their tweeters to improve them? I do love the design of the impact.Thanks
128x128jayctoy

Showing 23 responses by tomic601

Dave good to know ! Facts do matter, maybe even in Texas. Serious question - Are you designing and winding your own output transformers ? Any plans to use an R core power transformer ?

Best to you

Jim
@chorus for sure i don’t know where the balance is…. I am a globalist but also a realist. the competitive landscape is not flat but ignoring an economy w 1b soon to be middle class consumers is difficult..ask any soy bean farmer….

We had internal corporate warfare on how and when and how deeply to engage. I hired an executive who had started up two plants in China to help set our plan and implement it.

Best to play a 100 year plan.

You are right but the Japanese were smart enough to listen to Demming and Juran.

well you can see South Korea from Texas…

Seriously, anybody here work in South Korea ? The quality level, work ethic and Engineering prowess are fantastic. Of course, i am just talking about simple suborbital aerospace parts….

The world is flat and hot. Horse dewormer can fix all that.

HRS made in USA, and many other isolation brands…

and it’s PRCC as i recall from the screed….

The lips or keyboard move one way, the body and wallet another…
it was advertised as better than any audio show. I am sure Munich is taking notice. Even the Zuffenhausen  crowd is coming to learn how to win on the track…

Seriously, just start your own thread..
to the OP can you provide more info on the disc, artist, disc # and track….

also learning to solder is a great skill to have, along with your sense of humor..
True…but that cloak can be pierced with a simple tool called screen capture. i am sure that the misguided libel threat was captured by somebody.

The new modern world comes with a body cam. Ask any “ Karen after the racist rant at Target. They are always so surprised…

like i said, i relish discovery on this subject. By deleting the thread, the threat “ this isn’t over “ hangs over many. Hopefully the powers that be at Audiogon understand the obligation for preservation of evidence in a threatened legal action.

Or they could publish a retraction from the hot head who made it.
and 18 layers of MDF nc routed, glued and clamped  is three generations of cabinet technology back…..
@bdp24 ya, i built a lot of cabinets with brute force damping, it does work to a point. My $7,500 wonders have a cabinet within a cabinet, constrained layer between them. Point is, science, technology and good ears ( since 1977 ) can yield superb sound. I like Danny also, smart guy.

Hope to see you before we head South, maybe Java near your record shop in Portland 
A fine line indeed. Texas could use more diplomats.

Which $30 k Focal are you speaking of ? Are owners of same boasting of destroying million dollar Wilsons ? ( the factuality astute know that no such animal exist. ) Like it or not, Wilson do measure the cabinet, and listen. Remember, “ only two things….” ?

There is a big difference between “owners  enjoying Focal speakers “ and the self proclaimed sonic nirvana second coming.

And like @tvad  i have a question. How many running hours were on the cables you hauled there ? Do you think they were fully formed when listening ?

“ None can free us, save our own minds “ Bob Marley.

Are you free or is Einstein doing the thinking ?

@arafiq exactly and perfectly said, yet the other now deleted thread reveals the owners attitude, state of mind and political bent. He himself feeds the polarizing fire.
Carlsbad - you seem reasonable. Are you in SoCal ? in the fall, if Delta cooperates, i plan on a small listening get together in….. Carlsbad.
to the OP, if you are running with David, you have an excellent audio friend…one not prone to hyperbole, self aggrandizement and ego. He strikes me as a true sojourner on the quest for better sound.

On clipping, you might be shocked that a simple hand clap on a Nora Jones cut can clip a 150 wpc amp w 87 db speakers. Hopefully you can get your speakers up and running again soon.
There is a fine line, for example I think what Dave Wilson got out of the B-139 greatly exceeds the KEF efforts. He was much more than a tweaker tho.

Look it’s ( the subject Tekton )a price point speaker like  most. Fixing cabinet issues should be job one. 
fuse the tweeter to curb your enthusiasm, start with the $71 each blue fuses…..
i think a pair of Cerwin Vega with the Piezo bullet tweeter would be ideal….

Every Tuesday like clockwork at 10 am when we opened the doors of The Speaker Company, several Frat boys with fried tweeters ( and Phase Linear 400’s but that’s a different fire drill pardon the pun )
would arrive….

i think if you are blowing up Tekton drivers, you should NEVER consider KLH 9
@jjss49  dude just adding Euro clear side markers will achieve Lambo status…..
i was thinking more like a Weber on a Lada.

Seriously to the OP ; Grannyring stikes me as sane, competent and thoughtful. Think thru where you want to take your speakers from a sonic standpoint, send him a PM including budget.

best to you

Jim