Tekton Electron has been released

As expected, the Tekton Double Impact received a 5 star rave-up from Home Theatre Review. The reviewer made mention of a smaller version for those of us with smaller rooms. I shot Eric Alexander an email at about 8:30 last night and was surprised to receive a reply a few minutes later. He said that the scaled down version, which he named the Electron, had just gone live on his website a few minutes earlier.

I haven't heard any of his speakers yet, but I am really curious, especially about this one. I'm sure that conspiracy theorists will have plenty to say about the reviewer, and the weird patent (they already have savaged the patent, and I don't really blame them), but I am not as suspicious as some, and I think these speakers must be pretty good, or they wouldn't keep getting such enthusiastic reviews from users as well. I want to hear these speakers!  

128x128roxy54

Showing 5 responses by gb9746

I have a pair of Tekton Electrons.  They sound amazing. I'm upgrading from Enzo's which I loved. The Double Impacts were too big for my room, so Eric made Electrons for people who want something smaller. I have not heard the Double Impacts, but I'm in heaven with the Electrons. Bass, dynamics, and all the other words audiophiles like to use. They sound like a real band is playing in front of me, and that is the best complement anyone can give to speakers. I've been chasing this sound all of my adult life, and I spent a fortune the last 40 years trying to get a concert sound in my listening room. I love these speakers. I live in the NY area. Hit me up if you want to demo them. If you use your imagination and come up with a color, Tekton will make it for you. Mine are an off white color. My wife says they look stunning.

Roxy54,

Over the years (not in order) I owned the Goldenear Triton 1 and the original Triton 2, Von Schweikert VR4, Proac 3.8. Triangle Genesis, Tekton Enzo, Tekton Electron, Snell Type B and a few bookshelves when I was in a small condo. However, in the early 90's I became very friendly with a high end dealer and heard it all, (in his store) Wilson Watt Puppy, Infinty IRS Beta, to newer setups.  

Audiophiles try to come up with terms to describe what we hear, bass extension, sound stage, imaging, liquidity, etc. I guess it's like trying to describe what makes a woman pretty. The Electrons have all of the elements of a great speaker, bass slam, sound stage, etc. However, they just sound "good", more like what I hear at a concert. It's hard to explain, but it has the most "live music" sound than speakers I heard in the past.

Like I said, I did not hear the Double Impacts. They are huge, and my wife would have thrown me and them out. I called Eric at Tekton and told him my dilemma, and he decided to make the Electrons because of my inquiry. He sent the dimensions and a picture of the boxes as he designed them. I don't know if I bought the first pair, because I was holding out for a wood finish. After two months, I caved in, went to Home Depot, picked out a color and sent it to Eric. The Electrons were at my house 1 week later. The color is an off white and looks great. I can't imagine the Double impacts can sound much better than what I am hearing out of my Electrons. An absolute steal for $3000.
Tekton posted the picture I sent of my Electrons. They are off white and  now situated at the bottom left of the gallery. That will change as pictures are added.

http://tektond.weebly.com/customer-gallery.html