Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

Tekton Double Impact SE and Anthem STR Integrated Amp

I got the amp a couple of weeks before the speakers. I bought the DIs used (about a year old).

Brought the speakers home on a Thursday night. Not fun moving them upstairs to the man cave. Late this night I finally got my wife and adult daughter (her oldest is 19) in for a listen. My daughter picked out the first song she wanted to hear. When it finished, she stated “I feel like I just heard it for the first time.” Nothing much else was said that night.

The next evening, she texted me:

“After listening to music through your speakers everything else is terrible. It’s like I don’t hear real music....it’s depressing.”

Additional comments in our conversation:

“It was like hearing music for the first time. I felt it.”

“It’s like ohh this is what music sounds like.”

I finally have a family member that understands this passion.

That was before I ran ARC (Anthem Room Correction) on the amp.

That took it up to completely another level.

Sounded to me everything improved tremendously. Absolute clarity, tighter, deeper bass, better imaging. But I didn't trust my ears. I wanted a second opinion. I got the ladies in the next evening, and my observations were unanimously confirmed.

I have had a pair of Double Impacts gracing my living / listening / video room for about a month now. After reading each and every one of these posts and any all reviews I could get my hands on, I pulled the trigger and called Tekton in Utah to place my order. I was almost speechless when Eric himself answered the phone. After a brief discussion of my expectations, I followed Eric’s advice of the upgraded wires, binding posts and crossover. YES, these babies are very large and heavy. YES, they require careful setup. YES, they are everything you all have said of them. YES, the DI’s are the best sounding HiFi stereo speakers i have ever heard in my home in over 40 years of listening to reproduced music. As has been said, Double Impacts also require a seriously long “break-in” period before they really start to loosen up a bit and really sing. They can be driven to window glass breaking levels with my very modest NAD C-326BEE 50 watt integrated amp. I’m thinking of building a Nelson Pass 8 watt class A Camp Amp to use with these speakers. Anyway, there is nothing more that I can add that has not already been said!  I just wish to thank everyone here on this forum for their kind (maybe some not so kind) comments, reviews, appraisals, testimonials and experiences on these wonderful speakers. I am deep gratitude to all of you. 
Anyone in the Seattle area willing to let me audition the DI speakers?
I am interested in the Encores.

Thanks

triumphtt02:

Welcome to the Tekton world; you will get countless hours of pleasure from your purchase. You are an example of the people who use this thread intelligently -- listening to the owners who provide their honest experiences and ignoring the rest. Audiogon is to be praised for providing an outlet that permits this type of enquiry.

@triumphtt02 - Congrats on ordering the Double Impacts! I’ve enjoyed mine thoroughly for the past year. Many hours of happy listening.

@rpw The Encores are very new, so you may run into a dearth of people responding only because not many people have them yet. I was the first one to get a pair and there are a few more orders placed for them that I know of. I can only say I have no regrets upgrading to the Encores and I’ve been listening to them for many hours during the day. I hardly watch any TV now. They were totally worth it. Good luck.