Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

Thanks, Grey9hound.

Dave: five is enough for ten vets; they are not a healthy breed. But, then, there is the lapdog love. Other breeds are amateurs by comparison...

Craig, sorry to hear of the health issues. I am puzzled...none of our ten (3 to 7 yrs) have ever been to the vet since their initial puppy vaccinations. Our first one lived 14 years with no issues. 

Anyhow, as you said, they are the most loving dogs ever so worth the trouble.

Dave
I wanted to add that I've ordered a Peachtree Nova300 integrated amp to my demo scenario. It should arrive at about the same time as the ZOTL early next week.

All I've done since my last post has been to break-in the DIs by running them 14 hours/day with a highly dynamic CD. I won't do any serious evaluation until all of the amps/pre are in the house.  

Two quick observations to share: 1) the DI sonic signature noticeably changed from right out of the box to about 10-20 hours in, and 2) the DI has a sonic presentation clearly different from the Spatial Triode Master M3 and B&W 702 S2; not "better" to my ears, but just different, and time will tell how affected I am after a focused test.

I didn't really appreciate what the other speakers did until I had the ability to do a quick side-by-side comparative listen. The well-broken-in Spatials are able to deliver a very clever, palpable, convincing, and engaging 3D simulation with my PrimaLuna gear.    

dlcockrum:

I congratulate you on your dog's health and am sad to inform you that Cavalier Spaniels are among the most unhealthy of canine breeds. They are known for their heart, throat, and, especially, neck problems (Syringomyelia). Many of these were caused by the inbreeding necessary to recreate the breed in the early 20th century.

If you have 10 healthy Cavs you are among the most fortunate of owners and can enjoy all the plusses with no distractions. I have 3 boys that are mostly healthy and they are a delight.

Hi Craig,

I am a registered CKCS breeder with AKC. You are right on that the challenge with this breed is avoiding hereditary health issues. Responsible breeders have their CKCS parent dogs tested for mitral valve disease, eye and knee issues by experts in the field and get certification of health in those areas prior to breeding. Buyers should insist on seeing these documents as well as an AKC-certified bloodline prior to purchasing a pup. This is one reason why this breed is expensive to purchase.

We have indeed been fortunate in that none of our dogs nor their offspring have yet been diagnosed nor exhibited signs of the maladies you mention.

All Cavaliers will eventually develop mitral valve disease due to the lack of detection of this issue in the breeder stock used to re-establish the breed in 1926 due to efforts by Roscoe Eldridge and worsened later by inbreeding following WWII. The goal of good CKCS breeders is to delay the onset of this disease until very late in life so that the dog lives a happy, healthy life.

Syringomelia is a heartbreaking congenital defect (skull is too small for the brain) that is mostly limited to dogs in Europe and is a result of poor breeding practices. Almost nonexistent among well-bred dogs in the US.

Point being there here are issues to vet when selecting a CKCS pup but the breed is not a “Typhoid Mary” by any means. Proper due diligence in selecting a reputable breeder is the key to success.

Apologies to the OP for sidetracking his thread.

Dave