Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hi gang... This thread has been fantastic! I picked up on it back around page 60, went back and read most of everything, then kept up with it until now. I am seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of Tektons mostly based on what I’ve read here and from reviews, and from what a friend who heard the DI’s at RMAF told me about them (and he knows my taste).

But the size is a bit daunting to me for my space. I even built cardboard facsimiles (nerd) of the DI and the Electron to get a sense of their presence. The Electron seemed large... the DI was borderline frightening. I’ve had Magnepan 1.7’s before, yet somehow the DI’s seem more imposing. But then I imagine it’s all relative to the space and positioning. Honestly, the Maggies were too big for me, too. I could live with the Electrons, or possibly even the Monitors, but from what I’ve read I don’t think the Monitors’ bass would satisfy.

I’ve never bought speakers unheard before, and I would really like to give them a listen, whether it’s DI’s, Electrons, or even the monitors, just to get an idea of the flavor. Would there be anyone in the Austin, TX vicinity (within 2 hours or so) who might be willing to let me listen to theirs?

Thanks again for all the great, non-volatile, conversations. The electronics discussions have been as interesting as the speakers stuff, to say the least.

Patrick
Hey Patrick,

I reviewed the Impact Monitors for hometheaterreview.com, along with the DI's and Ulf's, and can tell you that the stand mounts do not lack for bass extension and power.  If you don't have the space for the bigger brothers you will not be missing out at all regarding the power region/bass and get all the other virtues of the floor standers.
I would like to add to Lancelock's impression that DI's that the pairing with the LTA ultralinear is a good one.

The bass response is extraordinary for a 20 watt tube amp.Great transparency and detail.

The only thing I haven't reconciled is the price point and Herb Reicherts concluding remarks(albeit for the zotl40)
@343mps   How large is your room Patrick?  How much latitude do you have with placement?
I just wanted to about out a thanks to xenophon for your recent order of the Motherlode! This unit is a collaboration of several ideas/designs topped off with production that was based on my experience. Mac, thanks for pointing out that I've updated the site with some new models and additionally the new chassis options. I have a client base that really does like the retro look with the wooden sides, there were actually multiple requests that I keep that look. However any of my models can be housed in the newer aluminum chassis upon request and also in any readily available paint colors. I strongly believe in form follows function, and my products directly reflect that. I can also customize units upon request to fit a client's aesthetic preferences (which are literally all over the map). I just wanted to point that out for anyone that has interest, but isn't a "fan" of a certain look. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences with the Tektons and all of the various gear that excels in driving them. Best wishes, Aric