Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Thanks corelli, Aric really came through with the new upgraded chassis. They're not only better looking but are much more substantial and sturdy. And yes, most importantly they sound exceedingly good. 
Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that a couple of new products have been added to the site using the new chassis and I'll have more to follow including a Push-Pull triode mode/UL mode amp using el34,kt88,120's and 150's. The standard offerings can also be built into the new chassis for an upcharge that simply covers the cost of the chassis and/or transformer covers (if desired). You can contact me through my site or PM if interested. I also wanted to say thank you Tom for the kudos man! Best wishes, Aric
David_Ten 1-21-2018
I don’t see how a component can somehow ’change it’s spots’ for lack of a better phrase.

Mac48025 1-22-2018
Just to clarify the MZ sounded amazing with my Aric KT 120 amp. It was full of life, energy, speed and dynamics. For some reason when paired with Aric’s 300B it lacked all of those qualites and sounded anemic to me. Your description of anemic matched what I was trying to convey Charles. I thought it was the amp at first and was quite disappointed. Aric suggested that I connect the 300B directly to my DAC and sure enough the 300B came back to life. When Aric’s linestage arrived a few days later it sounded glorious with the 300B....

... To me it’s both a matter of a real drop off in sound and what ones preference in sound is.
While I don’t profess to having a good understanding of the novel ZOTL output circuit which provides a transformer-like impedance transformation without using an audio transformer, it wouldn’t surprise me if the MZ2 does indeed "change its spots" significantly depending on the components it is being used with, and more specifically on the signal levels it is processing and the load impedance it is driving. For example, if the KT120 amp Tom used had higher gain than his and Charles’ 300B amps the 6SN7 output tube in the MZ2 would have been operating at higher signal levels in the latter cases, conceivably resulting in adverse effects on linearity and distortion.

In any event, I suspect that Tom’s last sentence I quoted above pretty much says it all.

Also, BTW, an experiment those using the MZ2 as a preamp may wish to consider doing would be to connect a resistor of say 4 or 8 or 16 ohms, rated to handle 2 watts or more, across the MZ2’s speaker terminals for each channel. I would imagine that would result in a significantly different sonic character compared to simply loading the MZ2’s output circuit with the vastly higher input impedance of a power amp, although I wouldn’t want to speculate as to whether the resulting difference would be for the better or for the worse.

Best regards,
-- Al

"Listeners hearing the same system and recordings in real time and having very contrasting impressions." That’s exactly right Charles. I chalk it up to people not hearing enough live music especially acoustic music. How can you know what something is "supposed" to sound like if you have little or no reference to base it against?
Hi Sbayne, 
I don't know what accounts for such wide differences in listening impressions.  I do hear live acoustical music fairly often. Others in that room certainly could have had as much or more exposures to live music as I.

Obviously Dr. Johnson has more than I have and yet he was very happy and proud of the music reproduction from that system. I've heard Reference recordings sound quite a bit better in other systems. 
Charles