Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@mac48025

I am currently listening to the new Electrons. Not sure I liked the Western Electric 10ga with them. I believe you used them? I found them a bit harsh on top and lean in upper bass, lower midrange. Then again when I came up with this assessment as I was still breaking in the Tektons. I once borrowed a set of CT GE speaker cables for 2 months. They were too laid back for my speakers at the time, but I can see them working GREAT with the DI’s or Electrons.

I am currently using the Wireworld Eclipse 5.2 and they seem to have a nice balance with the Electrons.
Hi Tom,
Congratulations on ordering the Double Impact SE speakers. Wow! You’ve been on a serious ( but well thought out) upgrading spree lately 😊.
Concert Fidelity 040 DAC, Aric SEP amplifier and these speakers. In my opinion you are assembling an exceptionally fine audio system which is going to sound divine. Each choice you’ve made makes plenty of sense.  I’m really looking forward to hearing your evolving creation.
Charles
jccarcopo,

From these pics that were posted it’s obvious to me that no Scanspeak,Seas or peerless drivers were utilized and only the dome tweeters are flush mounted.

Maybe the good news is they retain the same 95db efficiency instead of being 92db with other drivers that were rumored to have been incorporated into the double the cost SE version.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/6739

Kenny.

I talked to Eric at RMAF, the DI SEs have specially made for Tekton Eminence drivers compared to OEM in the DIs. He also mentioned a worthwhile improvement in the DI SEs over the DIs, a genuine step up. Eric came across to me as a brilliant, driven, compassionate about music designer who decided to go the unconventional route and follow his ideas, the results speak for themselves. 
      I was in Eric's room frequently over the 3 days of RMAF, the public really didn't know the value of the DIs as most guests I spoke with had no idea the upgraded DIs were only $3300/pr delivered, I heard guesses from $5K to $15K. These showgoers were just basing their cost estimates on what they heard elsewhere at the show and were mostly 2 to 5 times higher than the actual cost. I'll remind Eric to have a banner for the room next show to boast about the affordable cost of the DIs.
    My experience at RMAF is that the DIs embarrassed many speakers and systems at 2 to 10 times the retail of Eric's room. He used top notch Parasound separates, and 5K power cords were nowhere to be found. In the hotel room, the DIs disappeared, stage started 2 feet behind the speakers and went deep and wide, dynamics were startling at times, vocals focused dead center at the right height, very detailed yet no edge or glare, drum kits and orchestral bass drums had room pressurizing impact, and I found myself singing along with some of the tracks on my demo disc. Eric assured me he has more design ideas connected with his patent, so get ready for more disruptive products from Tekton.
     Congratulations Eric and the Tekton team for a successful show!
@kdude66 - Thanks for the picture link and info.  It's a bit of a disappointment to me.  I'll be keeping what I have for now I guess.