Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Agree, we disagree and that is fine. I like the voice of the singer to be attached to the body with the tone that comes with that. It is not just the gear in front that makes this happen as all speakers have a voice and perspective, even the DIs.

My Crescendos with a class D amp have this tone. These are relative things and impossible to untangle in a forum. Make no mistake however, the DIs do have their own sound and personality. They can be seasoned with gear, but they will always be what they are because of the design.

The DIs are certainly one enjoyable and fun speaker. Enjoy your music all! 
Jcarcopo, I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt there's any hope for you and you are indeed crazy.......just like the rest of us here 😂 I will be getting the Aric Audio Transcend SET KT-120 very soon and trust in teajay's glowing appraisal of it as he hasn't steered me wrong yet. As a matter of fact I'll have the same DAC, transport, pre and amp as he does soon but I'll have to settle for the paltry DI's while he has the Ulfberts ; )

Grannyring, thanks for sharing your findings with us. I too will say that having the DI's only 18" from the rear wall will indeed decrease the depth of the soundstage and make them seem more forward. Having said that I trust and respect your opinion that they sound forward to you.  My DI's don't seem forward to me, especially since pulling them well out into the room, but maybe they are and I like a slightly forward sound. In the end it's all good as many here have speakers/systems they love. I wish I had the knowledge/courage to modify speakers like you have, I bet your speakers sound amazing. 

Gentleman,

My take on the difference in Sound between the DI's and Bill's crescendo's equate to the obvious difference in design and the drivers covering the majority of the midrange.I do believe that the crescendo's would'nt have the perception of speed but may offer a touch more bloom in the sound that Bill may prefer and likes better.

But Offcourse room size,toe in,distances from wall,and other variables can greatly effect the sound of any speaker as we all know.

I personally find my DI's not lacking anything for my tastes and most certainly don't find them fwd or lacking depth.I don't like a too laid back speaker and I greatly enjoy the transparency and speed that this design has.I enjoy zero toe in on my speakers I have tried many positions in my room and I found the best comprise in overall sonics by having them straight ahead.

At the end of the day we all should go where are "Individual Ears" lead us.No right or wrong either way.

The DI speaker for me bring many great qualities from other speaker topology's to my sonic presentation preferences table without the shortcomings of other designs that I have owned and heard in my 36 yrs in this hobby.

Kenny.

Just wanted to share,

Since I had the great luck to become a professional reviewer about five years ago, one of the most rewarding/pleasurable aspects of this work has been seeking out boutique companies that cannot offered advertising or the "payola" needed to get their gear reviewed.  I only took this reviewing job when I was assured of two things: 1) I had the freedom to approach any company I was interested in.  2) My reviews would never be censored because of other manufacturer's advertisements on the website.

Virtually all these boutique companies are owned by very creative artesian's who hand build beautiful gear with quality parts.  My experience, with a very few exceptions, is that they are very good people who care about making the best equipment they can and having very satisfied customers.  They tend not to be great "business people" because they do this work because of their love for music and the gear they create to produce it.  Another aspect of these boutique saloon's are that they charge extremely reasonable prices for gear that out performs significantly much more expensive advertised equipment. (Think DI's at 3K)

I wrote some of the first reviews on the following companies gear that fit into this niche: Raven Audio, Backert Labs, Tekton Design, Linear Tube Audio, MG Cables, Role Audio, Krono Design, Triode Lab, AricAudio.

Because of the work of these gentleman the music lover can really put together a reference level system for the price of some power cords on the market today!

Just think, right now I'm driving the Ulf's that are superlative with the Micro-ZOTL/ AricAudio SET KT-88 amp to a level of performance that's just beautiful-yet the combo only costs $3,600.00.

actually, your critique of granny’s review was slightly over the top. I know granny has no skin in the game and I have read many of his delightful and always polite posts. And he said the speakers were great, just not his cup of tea. The idea that a speaker with a number of tweeter sized drivers used for the midrange might have a "slight" forward tilt does not seem out of the range of possibility.