Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hey grannyring,

Between two old timers who have been at this a long time, we will agree to disagree regarding the DI's being, " just lean, on the forward/analytical side of things".  I think they are dead on neutral and not in anyway analytical, that's way its so important what you drive them with. 

Historically, I have disliked very much many of the Magico/YG Acoustic/Wilson speakers because I found them to be analytical and did "everything right" but make music, sound like music. 

My reference of five years was the Cello's, which I believe are very close to the overall sonic signature of the AZ's, which I loved having in my system.  Both the Cello's and Crescendo's are a smidgen "warm/sweet" which I like very much and I do not found them fat or euphonic in their performance.  However, when I got the DI's tuned in both in room placement and what to drive them with I got all the musicality/beauty of my Cello's plus "aliveness" dynamics and speed with no edge at all and could not go back to my reference speakers any more with out missing what the DI's were providing.

A final note,  I still have not heard a system, and I have heard many indeed, that I can really say that I thought was great that uses a room correction device.  I totally accept that they can help greatly to overcome shortcomings in the acoustic space, and it might be significantly better then nothing at all in certain rooms, however they still do something I find slightly "artificial" to the music to my ears.  Regardless, if its correction done to OB speaker designs, Legacy's device for their speakers, or general room correction it just does not "sound" like a great natural acoustic space to me.    

@teajay I put a 😂 on the end of that sentence, because I was being a bit facetious. I wasn't singling you out, per se, but I won't lie and say that your mention of a kt88 set amp didn't prompt my post, but it's comforting that you at least felt similarly in the past until hearing this particular amplifier.  I'm not totally crazy then and there's still hope for me. 
Hey grannyring,

One more point I forgot to share is that it makes prefect sense to me way you can drive your AZ's without a tube in sight, and get the beauty you want in your system.  The Crescendo's are slightly warm and full, therefore, the synergy you get with a more detailed/transparent upstream set of gear is a great balance.  You "seasoned" to get what you wanted out of your system like a great chief uses different flavors to get the meal to taste the way they want. 
Agree, we disagree and that is fine. I like the voice of the singer to be attached to the body with the tone that comes with that. It is not just the gear in front that makes this happen as all speakers have a voice and perspective, even the DIs.

My Crescendos with a class D amp have this tone. These are relative things and impossible to untangle in a forum. Make no mistake however, the DIs do have their own sound and personality. They can be seasoned with gear, but they will always be what they are because of the design.

The DIs are certainly one enjoyable and fun speaker. Enjoy your music all! 
Jcarcopo, I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt there's any hope for you and you are indeed crazy.......just like the rest of us here 😂 I will be getting the Aric Audio Transcend SET KT-120 very soon and trust in teajay's glowing appraisal of it as he hasn't steered me wrong yet. As a matter of fact I'll have the same DAC, transport, pre and amp as he does soon but I'll have to settle for the paltry DI's while he has the Ulfberts ; )

Grannyring, thanks for sharing your findings with us. I too will say that having the DI's only 18" from the rear wall will indeed decrease the depth of the soundstage and make them seem more forward. Having said that I trust and respect your opinion that they sound forward to you.  My DI's don't seem forward to me, especially since pulling them well out into the room, but maybe they are and I like a slightly forward sound. In the end it's all good as many here have speakers/systems they love. I wish I had the knowledge/courage to modify speakers like you have, I bet your speakers sound amazing.