Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@almarg  & @charles1dad 

Regarding the Coincident Frankenstein & DI pairing, thanks for all the great comments, as usual.  I actually bought a pair of Coincident PREs, but Isreal isn't quite honest in saying that all of the company's speakers can be driven by any of his amps.  It was very quickly evident that they did not have the power to drive the speakers, an opinion that was verified by Isreal when I e-mailed him (and two other PRE owners I've talked to while working on the system).  

I couldn't quite figure out whether I wanted to invest in changing the system to make the PREs sing (new amp vs. bi-amp), just go back to my old Coincident Super Eclipse IIIs (lovely with the Franks, but small for my room), or try something new (like the DIs).  Unfortunately I had to move temporarily and put my entire system into storage for a year, so I'm without the toys for a bit... just reading for fun and storing up some opinions for the future. 
porscheracer,

Yes each wire is soldered on and silver solder would be the best if you have it.
Be careful removing the old woofers after the screws are all out Offcourse because there is some sticky stuff holding the back side of the magnet to the wooden stiffener plate inside the cabinets.I used a thin piece of plastic to carefully pry the woofer loose.
Not a major job by any means just giving fair warning.

Kenny.
Cal3713, thanks for the additional info.  I read through the nicely detailed description of the Coincident Pure Reference Extreme speakers at the Coincident website, and I have the following comments regarding the possibilities you mentioned:

1)I would absolutely rule out the idea of passively biamping the speakers, with your Franks handling the mid/tweeter section.  Given that the mid/tweeter section handles frequencies as low as 110 Hz, and does not even electrically roll off frequencies below that, that approach wouldn't accomplish anything.

2)Active biamping doesn't seem too appealing, either.  You would have to use an active crossover ahead of the two amps with the crossover frequency adjusted to be somewhere in the middle of the range handled by the midrange driver (110 Hz to 4 kHz), which would seem likely to compromise the coherency of the mid/tweeter section which Israel touts as one of the speaker's main features.

3)If the Franks weren't powerful enough for your purposes with the PREs (94 db/1 watt/1 meter/impedance 8 ohms nominal, never below 6 or above 10 ohms, and no difficult phase angles), I would not expect them to be powerful enough for your purposes with the DIs (98.8 db/2.83 volts/1 meter/4 ohms, which corresponds to 95.8 db/1 watt/1 meter/4 ohms, with a mismatch to your amplifier's 8 ohm tap).

4)So my feeling is that **if** you are happy with the PREs aside from the power issue with the Franks, I would simply look for a more powerful amp.

Best regards,
-- Al

So there is a difference between 2.83 volts/ 1 meter and 1 watt/ 1 meter. Thanks for the calculation Al. Since speakers are listed both ways on the Tekton site I figured they were two different measurement that meant the same thing......i.e. that 2.83 volts equalled 1 watt. 

I'm surprised the 8 watt Frank's wouldn't be enough to drive the DI's. Forgive my ignorance but if I, and others, are driving the DI's with the 1 watt MZ2 wouldn't the Frank's drive them easily.....or is the impedence mismatch too much of an issue? I only ask as the Frank's are an option I'm considering should I decide to add an amp and can fit them into my budget. I think I can order the Frank's with 4&8 ohm taps which would eliminate any impedence mismatch. 
Wether 1 or 8 watts is enough is most likely more dependent on listener preferences as well as music preferences. I have spoken with several DI owners who cannot live with 1 to 8 watts on the DI speaker. Terry, the reviewer, likes 1 -4 watts. What is great and best for one ( 3-4 2a3 watts) is too lacking to another listener. Subjective for sure.