Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
"send the dented dust cap woofers to his suppliers for reconing at a really low cost., which I assume he will do. Reconing a woofer is quite inexpensive in the grand scheme of things"

It does kinda stink to buy any brand of new speaker that has any kind of obvious damage unless the damage was disclosed at purchase.

The woofers made by Eminence in the Double impact speaker have a center dust cap which is convex and is lightly glued to the inner portion of the speaker cone.To change a dust cap requires carefully cutting the glue joint between the cap and cone and removing the damaged dust cap and then reglueing a new dust cap to the cone.

What I'm saying is the woofer does not need to be reconed at all,just needs a dust cap replacement and I totally agree with that Eric should take care of this for porscheracer,It's just good business practice IMHO.

Now most folks know I didn't like the stock blue cone woofers with my black metallic painted DI's and I changed mine to the Eminence Beta 10a which have black cones and a thicker and stiffer dust cap.

Welcome back to these threads jetter.

Kenny.

Hey Kenny, I did realize that the woofer did not need to be reconed, but just don't know if Eric is on board with how easy it is "cutting the glue joint between the cap and cone".  Easy for you, but not so sure in practice.Jetter

It's a big turn off to hear the dust caps crumbled after a few week of usuage for potential new ower like me.
333jeffery, that is very strange that the dust caps could crumble in without without someone accidently poking them or perhaps extreme humidity wetting them to the point of collapse. And thanks Kenny
Well I would imagine that the 5 year warranty covers crumbling dust caps? I mean this is kinda pathetic to be honest lol. More power to you if you can just put the grills on your speaker and be ok with it. If a dust cap on my speaker that I just ordered 2 days ago even slightly showed a hint it was dented, the speaker would be going back immediately.