Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Eric Alexander and his team should be lauded for what they have accomplished.  To gain this level of performance is commendable for a speaker at any cost, but at $3,000???  It should have been interesting, sitting around the Tekton board-room table and hearing Eric discussing the lofty design goals he had for the DI's, then share with his confidantes that he could do it all for around $3,000 retail.  I'm sure somebody snickered and said "Yeah right".

I'm not quite sure Eric has a "team" per se, and the "board room" might just be him and Karma sitting around a linoleum table having their morning coffee.

That is to say, from my understanding it's still a Mom 'n' Pop organization, but that means absolutely nothing toward Tekton's future. 

You're right; people should jump on board now before these go through the roof.

We see quality audio companies fail all of the time, for whatever reason. We also see some rise that have no business rising.

If Eric could just find the help he needs to get his product out while people are getting hooked on Tekton, then he'll stand a great chance to raise is prices...and the people will follow.
Hey Everybody,

I want to share my respect for the honesty/integrity of Micheal's "field report" of what happened in his system between the DI's and his Wilson Sasha speakers.  He is my favorite staff reviewer on the Stereo Times website and always gives insightful and helpful information in his reviews.

His experience again validates how disruptive the cost to performance ratio is for the DI's, remember this demo pair is the basic model with no upgrades at all, and "snaps" any rational reason to spend mega bucks on speakers from companies, in my opinion, that grossly over charge for their product.  I had a pair of speakers as my reference that retailed for  19K and Micheal's speakers retailed for 28K and each model was left in the dust sonicly compared to the DI's!

I believe if I was one of these major speaker manufacturers it might be harder to sleep peacefully at night as word spreads from professional reviews and even more importantly "word of month" in the audiophile world's awareness from sites like this one. There is an overall relationship between the cost of a piece of gear and its performance.  However, many individuals who buy high-end products often believe that hideously expensive gear "MUST" out preform far less costly pieces.  

Eric has snapped this equation to a point of no return with his paradigm breaking new designs.  Eric's passion has nothing to do with profit, yes he needs to make a living, it totally revolves around the excitement of discovery/creativity when he designs/builds his creations and bringing great joy to people who love music!
Hey Evolvist,

If you can evaluate the overall sound quality of Jeffery's system based on what you hear on that video you have some extraordinary auditory abilities, indeed!
I'll call later this morning my editor at hometheatereview.com and highly recommend you for the new staff writing position that's open.  

Just having fun, hope you take it that way, at you comments on your last post.
"I love the grills on the Ulfs, too. I mean, these aren’t the most attractive speakers in the world. The grills certainly help."

To each, their own. I think the grills look quite nice and work well in Jeffery’s room. I don’t think he has any other option there. In my room however, they will be displayed in their full splendor. I have more cubic space and lighter colors to allow that to happen.

"You’re right; people should jump on board now before these go through the roof....If Eric could just find the help he needs to get his product out while people are getting hooked on Tekton, then he’ll stand a great chance to raise is prices...and the people will follow."

I admit that I had an innate sense of urgency when placing my order yesterday, I guess unconsciously considering wait time and pricing. I had a sense of relief that I was officially in the que after hanging up. This Sasha comparison is not going to quell the fires any.

I can honestly say that I don’t believe Eric has any underlying desires to increase his profit margins. When I talk to him what comes across is his genuine excitement for what he’s created, his desire to spread the word. I’ll interject on my own maybe a little deserved "I told you so" as well.

At the same time, how else does one deal with increasing demand versus potentially compromising product quality with increased rates of production? I’m sure it’s a nice problem for Eric to have. I’ll spare you all the Karma pun that just crossed my mind...

The challenges of piano reproduction came up yesterday. Eric mentioned he discussed this with Terry recently. I was just going through a string of different recordings of Bach’s Goldberg Variations, the vast majority of which are piano performances. I stumbled upon Mahan Esfahani’s award winning harpsichord recording of that work. It left me slack-jawed. One of the most powerful recordings I have heard on the DI’s. It simply filled the room with one of the most immersive, dynamic sounds I have heard. It was on a level clearly above any of the piano recordings that I demo’d.

http://www.mahanesfahani.com/recordings/

https://www.amazon.com/Bach-Goldberg-Variations-Mahan-Esfahani/dp/B01FYHNG9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...