Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
The Odyssey amps are very good, Klaus is a character but builds musical, muscular amps, I own a pair of Kismets, safe reliable choice.
Hi All,

Tekton Enzo XL owner here fascinated by all this talk of the Double Impact and Ulfbehrt.

I really thought my Enzo XL's would be the end of a very long audio line for me owning everything from Gallo Acoustic Nucleus Reference to Dunlavy SC-IVa to Altec/JBL based horn systems, Altec and other coaxial boxed and open baffle speakers and open baffle/horn hybrids etc. searching for a system that sounds like "real, live music". While the Enzo's are not my be all, end all speaker they did enough right to live with and really enjoy them, but they just don't afford that last bit of transparency and realism of live music and it sounds like the DI and Ulf have those qualities in spades along with even better soundstage and imaging.

A couple of questions:
1) Are there any former Enzo XL owners on the thread that have converted and could share their thoughts?
2) Does anyone have any specs or webpage that shows the "Mini Ulfbehrt"? (Might be just the ticket for me

Thanks for sharing all! Look forward to hearing more, especially Terry's upcoming Ulfbehrt review!
Longdrive, I have the Enzo 2.7's, the DI's and the Ulf's. The DI's and Ulf's are a large step up from the Enzos--much more "real" sounding and vastly superior bass. Live recordings in particular are a real treat on them.

As for the Mini Ulfberhts, I talked to Eric a week back, and he said it's atleast a month or more before we get any more details on them. I suspect that they would be the sweet spot for a lot of folks here.
Bullitt5094 6-25-2017
I don’t think a 50ft RCA cable is a good idea.
Very true. Also, even with an XLR cable it would be highly preferable to choose a cable having low capacitance per unit length (e.g., no more than around 25 or 30 pf per foot, and preferably less), and to drive the cable with a component having low output impedance (e.g., no more than two or three hundred ohms or so, and preferably less).

However, given the several fine suggestions that have been made of suitably priced amps that provide only RCA inputs, I would seriously consider using one of those amps in conjunction with a Jensen transformer that would accept an XLR input and provide an output that would be connected to the amp with a short length of RCA cable. That may very possibly even work better than an XLR to XLR connection, because there is a substantial body of anecdotal evidence indicating that the sonic quality of the XLR input circuits of many modestly priced amps is inferior to the sonic quality of their RCA inputs.

A suitable transformer would be the Jensen model PI2-XR if a stereo amp is being used, or a pair of PI-XR if monoblocks are being used. The PI2-XR is available here for $250. (That page shows a PI2-XX, having XLR connectors for both inputs and outputs, but you can specify RCA output connectors after clicking the "purchase" link). Further details can be found at the Jensen site.

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al

I got the Impact Monitors in this weekend (in Farrari yellow), I'm very impressed. All the comments re: the Double Impact apply - airy, 3-D midrange & extended, clean highs, beautiful sound-staging, very dynamic with good bass response (paired with my Emotiva DSP10 subs). I listen primarily to Classical orchestral and solo piano.The 6 tweeter array seems to unravel orchestral textures better than a traditional cone midrange driver. The drivers are different than the top half of the DI's: 2 SB Acoustics
6 1/2"  mid/bass drivers and 7 Tymphany tweeters. These compare favorably with any Monitor I've heard-

pawsman