Tekton Double Impacts Ordered Jan 3, 2017 and NOTHING

On Tuesday Jan 3, 2017 I called Tekton and ordered a pair of Double Impacts directly with Eric.

He answered all my questions and I went with all the upgrades and bi-wire binding posts.

Plus the PROBLEMATIC one (Not known by me at the time) Walnut veneers with gloss finish.

He said it would take a couple of months and I agreed on waiting telling him I wanted a quality product.

Two months went by and I emailed and received no response. 

I called and he said he was working on them and that happened every other week with him saying he would have them shipped next week last time we talked, three weeks ago. It is April 27, 2017 now.

Then last week I receive a voicemail from this lady and when I called back she told me Eric would not be able to build my speakers. Too many orders but nothing offered as far as options. I asked about available sets and Carla (if I recall her name correctly) said that Eric would be the one to contact about that. 

In disbelief I cancelled my order. 

I started my process well before the excellent thread about the DI started and before the reviews were released.

I was looking forward to having my set months ago. Not to be for me. 

I am sharing my experience with fellow AudioGonrs not to take away from the success of Tekton but to make others realize that maybe due to growing pains not everything goes well.

Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Disappointed ,

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

128x128eldonparet

Showing 4 responses by corelli

Luis,
I suspect your story is one of bad timing.  Tekton is clearly in a growth phase right now. In trying to keep overhead and costs low (The DI is in fact a huge value with far smaller markup than is the industry norm), Eric I'm sure lacks the manpower right now for these special order items. 

I love a nice veneer.  Eric was upfront with me and told me it would take months.  I opted for the "Model T black" and honestly love the way it doesn't draw attention to itself and vanishes in the music. 

If your heart is set on veneer, you may be stuck.  A shame as the speakers really are special and I think untouchable at the price.  More than once I've wondered how Eric has pulled this off with such a small crew--product development, phone calls, new web site, and oh yah, you need to find time to build the speakers too!

Might suggest you give it some time and think it over.  I can understand your frustration.  I'm sure it's not intentional.  Just bad timing.

jetter,
if in fact you are "set for speakers", why do you keep hanging out on Tekton threads so you can fan the embers to flame Tekton?  If anyone read all you comments you clearly do have an axe to grind.  So just be happy with your established speaker brand and move on.  Clearly this is not the speaker company for you--and that's fine.

jetter,
based on what you have stated, you will never be interested in doing business with this company.  So why do you give a rip about follow up reviews on this speaker "after the honeymoon period is over?"
Your agenda remains the same--to take every opportunity you can to disparage Tekton.  Anybody ready all your posts can see that.

I certainly respect your right to an opinion.  But there is a difference between an opinion and an agenda.

Time to move on.

geoffkait, sorry to say I allowed myself to get duped.  I'll chalk it up to being a posting newbie.  I'm ought here.  This thread is dead.