Tekton DIs or Legacy Focus SEs?

I saw on the forum the huge discussion of the Tekton DI speakers after I had been looking at them and the Legacy Focus SEs. I have upgraded my components to many Agoner's advice and I'm now running a Parasound Halo A-21 with a Mac C48 pre, all pushing B&W 802 Matrix 3 speakers. While I love my 802s, I'm frustrated with the lack of rock performance they produce, Jazz is definitely more their forte! Can any of you Agoners who've heard or owned both help me with this dilemma so I can push the button on one of these obviously awesome speakers???Thanx!

Steve

128x128cohicks4
I made it a point to audition both as they were two highly rated speakers that performed above their price points. 
I made it a point to listen to the music as well as movie dialogue and I picked a movie that had dialogue that gave my present speakers (and pretty much every other speaker I auditioned) problems in resolving the finer details.

And just to be up front, I love ribbons and planer speakers. That is pretty much what I have bought.

The short version was that I thought they were very close. I went back and forth with the midrange and treble especially with the music and the hard to resolve dialogue. I was surprised that the Tekton not only held it's own against the ribbon but I actually thought it might have even more resolution - but it was close wither way. The tweeter/midrange array does it's job.

I did not hear any of the warmness that was mentioned. I thought it was very neutral, but that is going to be something that only your ears can tell you.

Also, the version I heard was the standard $3000 buy direct from Tekton version. I know the dealer version has some different internals and it is more expensive, but I'm not sure it's worth it --- but I have not heard them back to back. The standard $3000 version was what I heard and it was the equal to the Focus and no comparison to the Signatures which are actually closer to the Tekton price point.

As far as finish and looks, there is no comparison. The Legacy speakers are much nicer to look at. Real wood veneers, etc. Very well done. The Tektons I heard had the standard soft glow finish paint. I personally don't like that finish, but they offer an upgraded automobile finish gloss that is about what the Wilson speakers have on them. They are an upgrade (I think $500 but not sure). I would go with that and you have a nice looking (but not wood veneer speaker for a whole lot less money.

You should listen to both if you can before you decide.
Dave,
Every person who owns the Tektons are saying they are not warm. You just keep repeating yourself saying "yes yes" they certainly are warm. Warm is definitely not a descriptor I would use either but I'm sure you will tell me I'm wrong. 
Post removed 
No Mofojo, in my opinion after hearing them in two totally different setups they were warm not saying they didn't sound great, but their treble although it was there it was not as bright and clean as I thought they would be. The Di bass was excellent, midrange too. 

We sold the Jantsen ZA 2.1 which uses the same SB tweeter, so we know what that tweeter sounds like. It is a great tweeter but it still does not poess the detail that an AMT or a Raven type Ribbon is going to create. 

Eric likes these tweeters and uses them amazingly well as a compound midrange driver brilliant idea vs a line array. 

Everyone's idea of what contates bright vs warm is going to be different. 

No James_W514  not hijacking anyting, if you noticed this was a post about both products one we are a dealer for and another we are going to be a dealer for. So obvioulsy like both and know a good deal about both. 

Also your comments, about this are silly, my dealership sells a lot of great brands, as well as going to many shows, we were just at Capital Audio Fest and the New York Show. 

Good luck to you

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Unlike some I tend to post sparingly and only when I feel I either have something to contribute or feel I must. 

I have had the pleasure to have heard both speakers. 

I would most definitely not describe the Tekton DI as warm. 
But I would not describe them as bright or lean either. 
I agree with others that they are very neutral. 
I agree that they are revealing, transparent and fast/quick. Very much like a panel and a horn but not with their negatives and with all the positives of those designs plus all the positives of a great driver design. 
Best of both worlds. 
I also agree that the DI are a window of what you use with them. 
When I heard them at Capital Audio Fest I could tell that they were being held back by the equipment being used with them, not that equipment are not good. 
But with better equipment the DI would have soared much higher than they did. 

In my experience there are few audio products that “windows” to whatever is attached to them. That can show what the weak links in a system are. And will allow what is best to shine through. 
IMHO and experience the DI (and I expect the latest Tektons) are one of these rare ones. 

While I would not describe the Legacy as “warm” per se, I would say that it falls on the warm side of neutral. 

If I had the money to spend I would consider going to the DI SE. 

Just my opinion. 

Al Mirabella 
Ambassador for Taiko Audio and Sound Galleries 
Sound Test USA 

PS I have no skin in this.