Tekton DIs or Legacy Focus SEs?

I saw on the forum the huge discussion of the Tekton DI speakers after I had been looking at them and the Legacy Focus SEs. I have upgraded my components to many Agoner's advice and I'm now running a Parasound Halo A-21 with a Mac C48 pre, all pushing B&W 802 Matrix 3 speakers. While I love my 802s, I'm frustrated with the lack of rock performance they produce, Jazz is definitely more their forte! Can any of you Agoners who've heard or owned both help me with this dilemma so I can push the button on one of these obviously awesome speakers???Thanx!

Steve

128x128cohicks4
@facten that is a good question. Both versions really with the upgraded ones just an improvement of what is evident in the DNA of the stock speaker.  
I am biased, as I have a pair of custom Tektons.  Quite honestly, the Legacy's are nice, but pricey.  I believe the Tektons have that level of pricey sound for so much less.  If you have a limited budget, I would most certainly go with DI's.
Acutally Kdenmangelare the Legacy's are competitive with much more expensive speakers, if you factor in the Di with better paint and wire upgrades they are $4,300.00 which is still a remarkable deal.

The Legacy's at $7k offer a much more attractive cabinet with higher waf, with a much more elegant shape that would work in a real Living Room, also in my demos with the Di the Legacy's offer greater air and clarity with the AMT drivers. 

Both speakers offer a huge soundstage and tremendous prescence. 

As I mentioned these are two fantastic speakers with many common features and a few different virtues for each model.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I made it a point to audition both as they were two highly rated speakers that performed above their price points. 
I made it a point to listen to the music as well as movie dialogue and I picked a movie that had dialogue that gave my present speakers (and pretty much every other speaker I auditioned) problems in resolving the finer details.

And just to be up front, I love ribbons and planer speakers. That is pretty much what I have bought.

The short version was that I thought they were very close. I went back and forth with the midrange and treble especially with the music and the hard to resolve dialogue. I was surprised that the Tekton not only held it's own against the ribbon but I actually thought it might have even more resolution - but it was close wither way. The tweeter/midrange array does it's job.

I did not hear any of the warmness that was mentioned. I thought it was very neutral, but that is going to be something that only your ears can tell you.

Also, the version I heard was the standard $3000 buy direct from Tekton version. I know the dealer version has some different internals and it is more expensive, but I'm not sure it's worth it --- but I have not heard them back to back. The standard $3000 version was what I heard and it was the equal to the Focus and no comparison to the Signatures which are actually closer to the Tekton price point.

As far as finish and looks, there is no comparison. The Legacy speakers are much nicer to look at. Real wood veneers, etc. Very well done. The Tektons I heard had the standard soft glow finish paint. I personally don't like that finish, but they offer an upgraded automobile finish gloss that is about what the Wilson speakers have on them. They are an upgrade (I think $500 but not sure). I would go with that and you have a nice looking (but not wood veneer speaker for a whole lot less money.

You should listen to both if you can before you decide.