Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Post removed 
Guys give it a rest! Teajay is not paid by any manufacturer and is barely paid for his reviews. He simply loves affordable Audio equipment. Has anyone noticed the Coda amplifier thread where he gives similar superlatives to their new amplifier?  No one there is claiming Teajay is on the take there. Teajay prior to becoming a professional reviewer reviewed gear just on Audiogon giving his opinion of the merits of his latest purchases. The guy is a passionate audiophile like all of us. If you disagree with his opinion so be it,  but to disparage him because you don’t like the brand is insane. Teajay likes the latest versions of Teckton speakers and this doesn’t make him a shill or anything else derogatory. The motivation of those who are incensed by this review should be closely monitored. Teckton Perfect SETs are just speakers ..... get a life or get whatever speaker’s you prefer!

Reading through lots of threads on various forums, the one thing that seems common is that when it comes to the smaller companies, those primarily selling through the internet....there is a pretty good chance that if you call the company, you will get to speak of the founder. 

Call Zu...you will likely have a shot at Sean Casey.  Call Chane...Jon Lane may pick up.  Call Tekton...talk to Eric....Call Salk...talk to Jim Salk.  I don't think this is all that strange as the owners want to talk to customers...and usually, their enthusiasm rubs off.

No doubt, each of the above guys has his own take on what speakers should sound like...and each guy has a different take.  So, as an example, if you are a Salk fan, you will probably be pretty enthusiastic about Salk...as you should be.  In fact, I spoke on the phone today  to a guy who is on this 4th pair of Salks....keeps trading up.  He has no real desire to move out of the Salk family because he loves the sound.

As for shills, it might be that there are a few people that aren't who they appear to be....personally...I like to look at whether people are showing their own system and where they might be from....but in the end....if a bunch of forum people say they like Tekton...and a bunch of reviewers say they like Tekton...we all KNOW this is not a guarantee that we will like Tekton.....but it may be a nudge that it is worth the price of return freight to give them a try.

And, on the subject of "trying something"....Teajay said the Perfect Set had a "sitting up front" type of presentation....and you hear that frequently from reviewers and posters regarding the "Tekton sound" (if there is such a thing)....so, if a person knows that they don't like an up front presentation, then its possible that the Tekton's may not be for them....but they will never know until they hear it...and if it isn't for them, it shouldn't be a surprise.
Post removed 
Here's some answers to questions or statements.

Mikirob- I have heard your DeVore speakers and thought they were great.  What's remarkable about the Prefect SET is that it performs way above its $1,800.00 price point.  So, would you enjoy them totally in your second system as much as your main speakers, I believe so.

Jay23- The issue of internal parts being different between one pair of speakers and another has been addressed already on other threads, but I'll explain it one more time.

Some of the most highly regarded companies will often change or use different internal components during a production run because the supplier of that part has none in stock, or they find something they think is better or just as good and available to them. This is standard practice across the industry, not unique to Tekton.

Because many buyers of Tekton Design speakers are DIYers and because the speakers are so inexpensive they often open them to take a look and modify or replace certain caps or wires.  Individuals who normally purchase very expensive speakers (YG Acoustics, TAD, Wilson, Magico) do not open up their speakers to see what parts are used or are going to modify them.  The speakers sent to reviewers have the same internal components as a regular customer.

By the way has anyone every seen a post that stated that the Tekton speaker that they own has malfunctioned or stopped working because of a faulty driver or internal component.  I never had read one or talked to any owners of Tekton speakers that had this experience.  I think this says something about QC regarding being dependable in the field.