Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
I find it disconcerting to agree with kosst, but there've been way too many reports about Tekton differences in internal components & other QC issues. I wonder if any reviewer has had a friend buy the same speaker to compare the crossovers. It'd be sad if Tekton sent reviewer versions.
Post removed 
For some unknown reason I have read this entire thread.  I like to call my perspective as a view from the middle.

There are a couple of issues that jump out to me immediately.  The manufacturer chooses to sell direct and has no distribution network.  It also appears that he does not showcase his product at national shows (please correct me if I am wrong).

This business model is good at cost constraint, but suffers with regard to wide spread exposure.  The return situation is a function of the deficient business model.

The OP is all in for the brand and from a neutral corner seems to like superlatives that can seem a bit much.  I appreciate that it is one person’s view and absolute right to expound as he seea fit.

The counterpoint is that others who do not have the same high regard for the product get their back up due to their perception of excessive enthusiasm by the OP.

The truth I suspect lies in the middle.  Point of reference, I own big planars that are driven by large SS mono blocks via a tube pre amp.  Thus my specific experience is not in this specific product environment.

At the end of the day, what is percieved by others as excessive hyperbole will usually create a negative atmosphere.  Notice the term percieve.

If we can all tone it down a bit.  I guess my 750 bench tested watts per channel might be a bit excessive for them, ;-)
For some unknown reason I have read this entire thread.  I like to call my perspective as a view from the middle.

There are a couple of issues that jump out to me immediately.  The manufacturer chooses to sell direct and has no distribution network.  It also appears that he does not showcase his product at national shows (please correct me if I am wrong).

This business model is good at cost constraint, but suffers with regard to wide spread exposure.  The return situation is a function of the deficient business model.

The OP is all in for the brand and from a neutral corner seems to like superlatives that can seem a bit much.  I appreciate that it is one person’s view and absolute right to expound as he seea fit.

The counterpoint is that others who do not have the same high regard for the product get their back up due to their perception of excessive enthusiasm by the OP.

The truth I suspect lies in the middle.  Point of reference, I own big planars that are driven by large SS mono blocks via a tube pre amp.  Thus my specific experience is not in this specific product environment.

At the end of the day, what is percieved by others as excessive hyperbole will usually create a negative atmosphere.  Notice the term percieve.

If we can all tone it down a bit.  I guess my 750 bench tested watts per channel might be a bit excessive for them, ;-)
Post removed