Tekton Design MOAB

$4500.
Moab as spelled on their site after a place in Utah but the military reference to the mother of all boxes cannot go unmentioned.
Next giant killer? Anyone heard them?

Previewnoromance
Kudos to Tekton Design and Parasound. From 'part-time audiophile'...

"It took me three times to get into the Parasound and Tekton room, where the amazing little $1195 NewClassic 200 integrated amp/DAC drove the huge Tekton Moabs, which inexplicably cost just $4500/pair. In a system that cost just $7500, including cables, the music was solid, punchy, dynamic and completely convincing. We reviewed another Tekton in the summer issue of The Occasional, and the value of that speaker also seemed to flirt with the impossible."

Link with photos:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/09/08/saturdays-highlights-rmaf-2019/

I listened to the Moab speakers at RMAF on Friday. I’ve owned Klipschorns, Spatial Audios (still have them), B&Ws, and most recently, Tekton Impact Monitors – which for me have bested all the others. Then I heard the Moabs, and I was floored.

The first room I went to at RMAF was the Wilson room. I listened and they sounded great, as they always do. And I told the guy demonstrating them that I was going to compare everything else I heard that day to the sound of the Wilsons. From there I walked the three steps across the hall to the Tekton room, and took the prime seat, front row and center. The first track played was Fields of Gold, by Eva Cassidy. I have played that song dozens of times, so I’m very familiar with it. As I listened to that song over the Moabs, I was stunned. It sounded so much better than I’d ever heard before, I wondered if it was some kind of specially enhanced recording – a trick of some kind. It wasn’t just an incremental improvement, it was a dramatic improvement. I didn’t think that was possible. The voice was so detailed and natural and had a three dimensional quality about it. I’ve never been so taken aback by what I heard from a speaker before.

The next selection was a song intended to show off the bass (I don’t know the name of the track). The Eva Cassidy song, as you know, has no bass instrument, only acoustic guitar. I was already gobsmacked by the speakers before hearing the bass, but the bass alone was enough to impress. It was incredibly deep and visceral. It was tight and textured all the way through.

Next up was Keith Don’t Go, by Nils Lofgren. I’ve played that song a hundred times, but it never sounded like this. The guitar, which can often sound a bit thin, and even plastic, on many speakers, was rich, full, and vibrant, as were the vocals. It has never sounded this good. It was like hearing an entirely different performance than the one I’ve heard so often.

With all the tracks, the sound stage was large, spacious, and precise. Those huge speakers actually disappeared in that tiny room.

I my opinion, the Moabs sounded better than the Wilsons. I was totally blindsided by what I heard. I’ve been quite satisfied with my current system, but after hearing the Moabs, I likely won’t rest until I can have a pair of my own. And don’t call me a fanboy (that seems to be the “go to” tactic people who have never heard Tektons use to dismiss positive reviews). I’ve been very skeptical like many of you. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is (no pun intended). It wasn’t easy, but Tekton has won me over. Actually, after what I heard last Friday, go ahead… I guess I am now a fanboy!

I was disappointed at RMAF thought my buddy’s pendragon back home sounded better kind along the same lines I thought the ZU dirty weekend and there druids crushed them for the price
@wester17 - do you know which electronics they were using when you heard the Moabs? From what I've read, I think they were using both the NewClassic 200 integrated and the JC2/JC5 combination in their room. 
Also ..Which cables used in the Tekton Moab/Parasound setup....especially interconnect and speaker cables ?