Tekton Design MOAB

$4500.
Moab as spelled on their site after a place in Utah but the military reference to the mother of all boxes cannot go unmentioned.
Next giant killer? Anyone heard them?

noromance
Michael,
Thanks for sharing your early listening impressions of the Moabs. Given your description it certainly seems to be the case that these are exceptionally engaging speakers that excel in conveying musical beauty and emotion (not a simple task to pull off). I’ve been a devout aficianodo of live and recorded jazz for many happy/enjoyable years.

I understand your point in regard to the sound of brushed drums and cymbals and they do vary quite noticeably from one recording to the next. So I’d say that your Moabs are getting it right. How are these speakers with reproducing vibraphone and electric jazz guitar? I love the sound of these instruments as used in jazz. What amplifier are you using? BTW I find your impressions insightful from the perspective of you being a former owner of the Wilson Sasha speakers (as a reference point).
Congratulations on acquiring the these speakers.
Charles
Mindless, I’m not sure if your question was directed to me or not but I’d give them an 8 if I were being halfway critical and a 9 because I enjoy listening to them.

Charles, I haven’t gotten around to listening to any vibraphones yet, but did listen to Monk’s Brilliant Corners this evening where he’s playing the celeste.  Not quite a vibraphone but I’m getting there.  I didn’t quite get to the jazz guitar yet either but have listened to some Lightnin’ Hopkins and thoroughly enjoyed Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughn Live.  I’ve been playing the good host the last 4 days and letting company have the iPad to play whatever they wanted to listen to.  I’ll start to do my own exploring tomorrow or the next day.

I’ve noticed that Eric seems willing to change just about anything on a particular speaker if a paying customer asks for it. Mykeryte, Eric not only changed out the specified tweeter for you but actually agreed to putting all of the components in completely different box than the one he designed!  This seems peculiar. I can’t imagine, Alan Shaw for instance, who has been perfecting every last detail of his designs for years, agreeing to making fundamental alterations to one of his speaker models and still putting his name on it. It’s like you’re buying a one-off, untested and undeveloped prototype. 
Thats a big gamble!  Am I off base on this?
Tekton comes in bad mouthing on the internet again...  show us the proof you speak of.
I've heard Eric will give you a sealed cabinet instead of ports, but haven't heard if he will change the dimensions or use totally different drivers or things like that. Even if he did I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing. The DIs are the most incredible speakers I've ever heard.