Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
Dcbf5606 34f4 42aa b527 0682cb6a22c7millercarbon
This is fast becoming a Dope Opera of the most sordid kind.
This thread could be renamed:
Daze of Our Lives.
As the Audio World Churns.
General Anesthesia.
One Life So Glib
Guiding Blight

You can always change the channel folks. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise

@glupson

the mod deleted my earlier post

guess my comment about top 1 %’er senior members with tens of thousands of posts getting into a pillow fight hit a nerve

after all the ugly bashing on this thread, that one gets the boot

this place cracks me up
MC, glad to see you are back. Hope the worst is behind you.
Keep enjoying the Moab's and don't forget to share your latest findings on bringing out the best in them.
Carp, didn’t see what was posted, so can’t comment. Sadly many people can’t seem to leave the negativity out of it. Jjss I do wonder why some posts get removed, I’ve had some that have been that referred to no one at all, and couldn’t figure it out at all. Then some pretty negative ones from others get left up, sometimes not much rhyme or reason to it, so hard to understand what’s ok and what isn’t. Hvy would be intresting to get Eric to comment on his thoughts about the different tweeters and where they each might work well. I do wish there was more feedback on the website about the intended applications for some of the different speakers. Some are obvious and some less so. I’m considering an all Tekton system in my home theater, just not sure if the surrounds and atmos speakers make a difference that would be noticeable enough to hear well. 
speed, understood.
You are correct. No rhyme nor reason why some go and some stay.

I myself, don't take any of this personally enough to make the effort to report anyone.