Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
Dcbf5606 34f4 42aa b527 0682cb6a22c7millercarbon
All I can think about is that these guys have probably been reading this thread all summer at lunch...and laughing their asses off!
“I think this pair is going to speedbump6 let’s leave some paint boogers inside” lol!
You kill me Ray!  I raise my glass to the boys and girls of the Tekton paint crew.
So you’re saying I’ll get a personalized special edition? Lol.
thanks for the heads up Eric. Glupson, not a startup, but any small business, or I suppose even bigger ones, that see sudden growth can have problems if they arnt able to scale for that. The other thing you have to worry about, let’s say you hire more people, get more equipment, is the growth temporary? Takes time to train people, and I never find it fun to lay people off if it slows down. Some times it can be hard to realize that a growth, or a slowdown, is long term vs short term. I’ve been through all these stages in my biz. I’ve seen some people have a hard time letter others handle things they believe that they need to deal with , but one person just cannot do everything, so it becomes a matter of deciding where as an owner you’re most important and will do the most good, and let others help you with the rest. Easier said than done sometimes. 
@glupson6,

You can pay upfront or when they ship. They billed me when it was time to ship.

My order was held up in the paint phase due to staffing, so I can’t complain about that. I’m very happy with the result so the wait was worth it.

Because of the big ol’ "do not carry" labels on the boxes I called Tekton to find out how they were packed and was put on the phone with the fella who does the packing. After talking to him we were able to get the boxes up the stairs without risking damage to the speakers.

Tammy has been super helpful, Nicky as well (she’s new). I got a chance to speak with Eric briefly regarding the terminals on the speakers, I got bi-wire terminals unexpectedly.

An issue with my grill order was resolved quickly and those are now on the speakers, pretty handsome looking. My wife actually like them with the grills off "I’m going to have to get used to this".

My order was a bit late but the customer service experience was very positive.

@Speedbump6, Hopefully your speakers arrive soon. Did you order grills?