Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
Dcbf5606 34f4 42aa b527 0682cb6a22c7millercarbon
You can certainly tell by some comments those that have not heard moab's. They truly are speakers you need to hear to believe.
That’s for sure. Tupu, the midrange magic, incredible detail, truth of timbre and dynamics gets even better with time. I took a break from all the constant tweaking and just sat back and enjoyed listening as things settle in. Last night Neil Diamond was so palpably there I had tears.

Unfortunately it will be a few days before I’m doing that again. Couldn’t catch my breath, went to urgent care, now admitted at Highline with pneumonia.

But hey, its all good. This way the Hateful 18 can continue to prove just how truly Hateful they are. And the good guys can continue to post and PM with uplifting comments and useful descriptions of these incredibly fine speakers, as they have been doing all along.
MC, Hope you are back on your feet and back home to enjoy the music soon!
So I’m not sure what happened. I did a post that evidently broke the rules about buying and selling speakers. I posted some numbers and they took down my post. Then I said a bunch of stuff and we had no numbers and they took down my post again. I’m still in Moab owner but I also own a set of Macintosh XRT30S . I spent all day switching stuff out. There is a difference between the Moab and the XRT s.  I spent all day switching stuff out. There is a difference between the Moab and the XRT’s. The Moab with subwoofers give the XRT a run for their money. I would guess that the XRT‘s are about 10% more in all categories.It was definitely a move up from the Moab’s but not by much. When you look at the difference in what the two speakers cost the Moab is the clear winner.
For that kind of money you get Ulf's with all Be and it won't even be close, and you'll still have spent way less money.