Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
5c19db42 db1e 4039 96f2 9d2ae7c37947millercarbon
millercarbon - I can hardly take any credit for the spring technology.
Some people think I am a good automation tech - I tell them I’m just consistently lucky.

The only thing I may have done, is explained the benefits in a way that may have made enough sense for you to try it out. Which actually proves your point, you are not immovable, and you are open to new ideas.
Yo do have an opinion based upon experience, and some people don't like your confidence, which can be mistaken for arrogance. However this test here, and your current photos are evidence that you do scrutinize and weigh up possibilities, and use your experience to filter out what you don't see as profitable.

We all do this to some extent, we have to, time is too short.
Post removed 
rixthetrick,
nwres - how are you liking the helical speaker cords? I used a helical ground around my two conductors of my XLR input inside my amplifier. Heck, I don’t know if it truly is better, look cool as, and it works pretty well for me.
I really like them. Using high quality Duelund wire. They are a good step up from mid level speaker wires. Per Steve’s rec, I have no extra insulation around the signal wire and no techflex. I also use the Helix interconnects as well. Again, excellent. I need to make one more set to upgrade one last part of the system. I am thinking of adding a cotton sleeve over the signal wire, very low dielectric constant. I have the wire to make a PC but have not gotten around to it yet.
I would not have thought to put the Helix wires inside a component. I would bet it does make a difference.

For your consideration. Machina Dynamica, frequently ridiculed by some of the posters here, has been selling springs since forever.

Machina Dynamica springs received recent praises on other threads.

It’s funny: springs (most prominently those offered by Audiogon gadfly Geoff Kait) and the more-sophisticated Townshend Seismic Pod (and related products) have been mentioned and recommended here on Audiogon numerous times in that past few years. I felt it was falling on deaf ears, and gave up. The ol’ "Wasn’t invented here" phenomenon? ;-) Anyway, glad to see the use of springs for isolation becoming trendy.

I can enthusiastically second squeak_king_77’s recommendation of select-hifi for those interested in the outstanding Townshend Seismic product line. Select-hifi’s John Hannant is a Townshend family member, and THE source for all of Max Townshend’s brilliant designs (I am a longtime Rock turntable owner). The best prices, excellent customer service.