Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
5c19db42 db1e 4039 96f2 9d2ae7c37947millercarbon
nwres-
MC, Moabs look great! You must have gotten dozens of E card for all your cables. Share the difference they make?

Thanks, and according to my much more styling oriented wife they look pretty good and will look even better when I get around to re-painting and adding planned diffuser panels. It'll look and sound much better, but very time-consuming project so don't look for it any time soon.  

E-cards, Mats, and TC all sound very much the same. All remove an impressive amount of grunge, grain, glare, and just make an overall improvement in clarity and detail. Almost hate to say clarity and detail because the improvement I'm talking about is not like what most would associate with detail. Its similar to the way Moabs greatly improve clarity and detail and do it not only without adding any hype or etch but actually managing somehow to be both faster, more dynamic, more detailed AND smoother, all at the same time. E-cards and Mats are like that, only even more so. If you can believe that. Which you should. Cuz its true!

Too many tweaks to count . But the mystery connection is your Preamp in becoming a Pre-out. Using two resistors, kind of a voltage divider, two resistors in series?

Well let's see there's Mats that are sliced up and wrapped around cables. Some early ones are held on with zip ties. More recently improved versions with tape (speaker cables only so far) are TDF.  

As for the pre-out, close but no cigar. The pre-out is a mod but no mystery, there's even a look inside at the resistors. But you are looking in the right area. That's all I will say. Just one more clue. There's enough information just in one picture to be able to figure it out. (Though you must look and study #41 real, real closely- and even then it will help to also study #42.) But honestly, only if you're a genuine millercarbon level audiophile will you stand a chance.

That's for real by the way. I figured it all out myself, then confirmed with the manufacturer. No one else has. Still, its all there for anyone with the chops to discern. Happy hunting!
I see the zip cord going from L/R from the integrated routing to two Dayton amps, left into one and right into the other? 
More recently improved versions with tape (speaker cables only so far) are TDF.  

What is TDF?

I can’t even follow all the acronyms. 
Do we win a prize if we find the hidden tweak?  
Rixthetrix Spring Things are going together nicely. Keep hacking away indiscriminately and might be in testable prototype form right about the time the ribs are ready to come off the Traeger. Dry rub. Sweet Baby Ray’s. TDF.