Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Lol glupson. So now you assume you know something about me based on a letter. How intresting, but typical. Actually I typed the h, but I don’t bother to spell check apple. So I guess I should assume you were a grade school English teacher? You will find some posts I make to look like English is not my first language, due to apples help.
MC will never admit being wrong about anything. Nor will he give credence to anything that deviates from his agenda.  In fact he will likely totally discount not just the message but the messenger.  At least that is what I gather from reading his posts. Maybe he will show me to be wrong.  But I doubt it.  
I would block this thread at this point of I could.    For now I will just try to ignore it. 
What goes around comes around. 
Why does the OP have to say things like this:
"Yes roxy54, and now you see how amazing one seemingly minor little tweak can be, imagine that times a few hundred. Or thousand. Then you will begin to understand where my grand depictions of what I’m hearing are coming from."?
The screw theory has been out there for many years and most responses have been maybe you can hear a difference at best, and a lot of people, can't hear any difference. Changing screws will not change your speakers SQ much if at all. 
I know this is a audio budget post, but if you really want to do something to isolate your speakers from the floor, don't go cheap with springs. If you want to go cheap, look at the Herbie's audio lab products, if you want better, try the isoacoustics or stillpoint isolation feet. If you want the best, adapt the Magico mpods to your speakers, but the mpods cost more than your speakers. 
If you want to improve the SQ of your speakers, skip the changing screws theory and get some good isolation feet and change the internal wiring of your speakers, both of these tweaks will net you a bigger jump in performance.
As good as these tweaks are, your speakers are still going to sound like a tekton, just more expensive. Not sure if the expense would be worth it. I'm sure you will feel differently 
Speedbump,
No, he really didn’t answer anything, all he did was drag out his old reliable standby of denigration and insults. Do you not see this?
And, he should have gotten a clue when he posted the definition of what the effect is. How’s a piece of tape do that??
@millercarbon.  I hope they are worth the wait! The build up of anticipation is killing me :). Great to hear they compete with your 3x the price Talons. The Tekton website says boldly that production is swamped. Great product at great price yields big demand. Love all the Moab tweaks that are being recommended on this thread. I don’t like all the flaming though. Can’t the haters just pick a different thread to spoil?  They are probably Biden/Harris voters, they ruin everything, “cough, Portland, cough”, lol. The magnetic levitation pucks/bars for the speakers seem interesting, the prices for seem quite high, $600 for a set! I had not noticed any difference with my Thiel 2.3 just placed on the hardwood vs spiked with floor protectors. I did hear a difference with vibration control with my Ah Tjoeb CD player. The Moabs are 1st order crossover speakers, anyone play with tilting the speakers (like Vandersteens)?  I would suspect the Moab’s MTM set up would not like that as much as TMW speaker would.