Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
millercarbon
It's usually better to chew in private, and praise in public. Some folks are just tough to get along with. It's tough for me to hold my tongue.
Jealousy always seeks unkind words, wise man tough me that..Now if I can just do it..

Regards
Here is one take on Tekton’s sensitivity ratings and how they are achieved.

https://www.disqus.social/2020/06/tekton-design-ulfberht-speaker.html?m=1
It’s getting downright ludicrous what posts get removed around here and what stays. I put space cadet with geoffkait (since he worked for NASA) and apparently it was so egregious to a moderator he and or she felt it necessary to remove it. I am so terribly sorry to post such a blatant affront to your senses and flaunting the rules of forum decorum, rules that seem to bend at the whim and mood of whomever decides these things. That is called irony, moderators. Is that now against the rules, too?

I agree carp, had another thread where someone called me a newbie, and I said at 59 I don’t think I’m a newbie at much of anything, and why was he so angry. 
Calm down. I'm with a few people on this post that thinks tektons are a value speaker and a competitor in their price group. Have I heard them, yes, at shows, not in my system.
(I have either owned or listened to all the speakers that I'm stating below, either at audio shows or friends/club members houses.)

You want a list of speakers that I think are better than the moabs and cheaper:
new Odyssey, new Emerald Physics, used Revel Studio 1, used Revel Salon 1, used Usher be-718, used Usher cp-63xx series, used totem model 1/hawks/forest/mani.

Small list of speakers that are new and/or used in the price category that I think are better than the moabs:
New Usher MD I and MD II, new usher mini-x, new Totem Model 1's, New Totem Hawks, New Totem Forest, used totem wind, used Wilson Sophia's, used revel 226be, and used usher cp-85xx series, used magnepan 20.1.

Small list of speakers that are within 2-5x the cost of the moabs that simply blow away IMO the moabs (the only reason I bring this up is because of the statements that moabs are better than speakers costing 10x their price):
new revel studio 2/salon 2/228be, Wilson tune tot/Sabrina, New usher be-10/be-20/td-10/td-20, totem element series, magnepan 20.7. 

IMO, You don't need more than a few drivers to make a quality sounding speaker, and actually, there are many fine speakers that have only 2 drivers that sound way bigger than their size: totem/usher/raidho for example. For clarification, none of the speakers that I listed were modified in any way.