Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Listening- it’s ok for people to claim that these tektons are better than $30k up to the most expensive Wilson’s, but it’s not ok to say there are speakers that are less expensive that are every bit as good or better. There are $2-$4k Speakers that I have owned that are better. You need better quality gear to hear the better speakers
@tektondesign 

Eric, 

I sent you an email a few days ago inquiring about speakers. Haven’t heard back yet. 
Friendly reminder. =)
Listening- it’s ok for people to claim that these tektons are better than $30k up to the most expensive Wilson’s, but it’s not ok to say there are speakers that are less expensive that are every bit as good or better. There are $2-$4k Speakers that I have owned that are better. You need better quality gear to hear the better speakers

Maybe I missed it, and I'm not going back through 30 pages to find out, but have you ever actually heard the Moabs?

Oz

The only thing Tekton and Wilson have in common is they both make sound. Two totally different beasts....totally different design and likely sound.

It’s fine for anyone to say what they prefer and why but that is just an opinion.

No doubt cost and value are aspects worth discussion. That matters a lot to most.