Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon

speedbump6-
Miller, one thing I wish he would do is give more insight about each speaker. What the goal was in mi d for designing that model, it’s intended customer, maybe even link to reviews for that model.

Right. The closest he’s come to this is a few places talking about advice he’s given people, which speakers he recommends. It seems to be partly budget (of course) but also a lot to do with the amp and listening requirements. 

The Perfect SET is obvious, but from there it quickly turns into a big mess. Because most of his speakers seem to be pretty well suited to amps anywhere from a few tens of watts to hundreds. From there it goes to size and then price. 

He probably could have a lot more links. But that might take away from his drag racing and tracking his ’vette. 😁
He has time for interviews, that’s how I find out what some where designed for. He just needs to spend a little time for a web designer, to give them the info
Is anyone else waiting a long time for their Tektons?  I ordered a pair of Lores at the end of April and I'm still waiting for them to ship.
MC - I should have looked at your system before I started my replies. The Tekton speakers you are getting are more inline with the price point/level system you have. I'm sure they will be fine in your system. 
shawn3997-
Is anyone else waiting a long time for their Tektons? I ordered a pair of Lores at the end of April and I'm still waiting for them to ship.

Veneer? What's Eric say?