Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
In general, with 2-channel home audio (as opposed to A/V surround sound which is different) I have observed people with tube amps are more likely to add subs to add value to already full range speakers.

That is because high power quality tube amps, if needed, are big, heavy higher maintenance, and expensive, not something many will want to have to deal with.

Whereas Class D amps in particular provide a user friendly cost effective option to drive subs or full range speakers with lots of watts and current needed to make them sing to their best.

If one is interested in sub arrays to better balance the bass across the room, then that is a different story with a different goal in mind, but personally I would only go there if desired once the usual issues common with all two channel hifi are addressed and system is tuned in from top to bottom including bass initially at the "sweet spot".

Also if main speakers do not have adequate dispersion (something I know Duke of Audiokinesis, who is an authority on bass arrays, I believe, cares a lot about) and thereby capable of tonal balance across the room to start with, achieving that with just the bass may still be desirable but is not a total solution.

Yes of course home theater and 2 channel audio are two different things when it comes to use of subwoofers.

Bass arrays would  tend to go well as a part of surround sound in particular I would think.
I can't wait for MC to get those Moabs and run them thru his music then he can share his true opinion on their sound.Hopefully they will live up to his expectations and others who may be on the fence about buying can pull the trigger on a pair  for themselves.If they do not deliver what he was hoping I do believe he will say as much.
Yes it sounds like the fate of Moab customers everywhere now rests in MillerCarbon's hands.