Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
When ordered on the 22nd was told about a month. Apparently the combination of people being stuck at home, stimulus checks, and a bargain lineup has Tekton just about maxed out on production. Fortunately I am happy with standard Charcoal as the piano gloss finishes involve multiple coats with wet sanding that adds another couple weeks. Was feeling no rush when ordered but the other night my wife was like how about a movie and I was all, with what? No speakers gets old fast.

The Khorus is a fine speaker. But they are essentially a 2-way with a super tweeter. They were still new when Talon came out with the Firebird which instantly made me realize what the Khorus was missing, the midrange. But Firebirds were way out of reach and so I had to make do with crossover upgrades and mods. So here we go from known midrange weakness to expected midrange strength. We will see.

Whatever it is, it will be here, in detail.
Post removed 
Have any of you tested the 1watt efficiency at 1m of your Moabs? 

If I'm running two (Moabs) in a small room (12x14.5) and they truly operate at the stated 98db efficiency, does this not suggest that I could get by handsomely on a flea watt amp, of just a watt or two? I watch the SPL meter when listening to my music and peaks are around 85-87db in 99% of my listening...
I've never bothered, and never will. No offense, but people who want things measured are their own worst enemies. There never is any satisfying them. Not saying you are like that. But plenty are.

My last speakers were supposed to be 90 dB and they would play plenty loud. Whatever Moabs measure in dB is in a sense irrelevant. What matters is how they compare to other speakers. Whatever it is, its more than now, and so I am sure they'll play louder with the same amp than speakers that already play louder than I need. Whatever yours are, I would take the same approach, and anything around the same level you will be fine.  

In case you don't know there are plenty of low watt SET amp owners saying their Moabs and Ulfs work just fine, and in bigger rooms than yours. So again you should be fine. Search around, you will see.
Miller, it will be much longer than a month. I was told the same back in December, and that it might be possible even in a couple of weeks. Took a bit over two months for the ulfers and at three months for the center I called Eric and managed to get him to put a rush on it, or no telling when it might have been. It sounded like they were getting overloaded back then, and with covid and more people at home, I’ve read where some vendors sales have increased a good bit. I don’t think you should have ever been told one month at the point you ordered yours. I would be prepared for much longer. I’m thinking about adding a set of moabs for my rear speakers now.